Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

Can anyone suggest sofware to create a short(5-15 min) video clip on a CD which
can then be played on most DVD players?

I just recently learned to create a short clip using Windows Movie Maker, but my
DVD player doesn't recognize the format.

I don't have a DVD burner yet.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

Well you can take your windows media clip and use Nero to burn the clip as a
VCD in wich it will encode it to VCD format and VCD's play in most dvd
players. Or you can take the media file and use TMPG Encoder and use it to
encode the file as a VCD mpeg 1 file. If you need some help on that you can
go to www.videohelp.com and it has all kinds of stuff you will be able to
use.

Eric
"Jack" <jackhovi@yahoo.com.nospam> wrote in message
> Can anyone suggest sofware to create a short(5-15 min) video clip on a CD
which
> can then be played on most DVD players?
>
> I just recently learned to create a short clip using Windows Movie Maker,
but my
> DVD player doesn't recognize the format.
>
> I don't have a DVD burner yet.

Doc

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

"Jack" <jackhovi@yahoo.com.nospam> wrote in message

> I don't have a DVD burner yet.

Just to advise, they're getting cheaper all the time. I got a dual format
Digital Research DVD burner from Best Buy for I belive around $100 with a
rebate. Actually, it was boxed as a single format +RW/+R, but there was a
note inside saying "congratulations, to show our appreciation we've upgraded
you to a dual format burner". There was no indication of this on the outside
of the box. It also does CD's and CDRW, which I believe most of them do.

My only problem is getting the %$#@!! Pinnacle Studio software to output a
project correctly so I can actually MAKE a DVD.

Jack wrote:

> Can anyone suggest sofware to create a short(5-15 min) video clip on
> a CD which can then be played on most DVD players?

For maximum compatibility use MPEG1(VCD)
Use Virtualdub... free
then use TMPGEnc... free
use google.com to find them

or go to www.dvdhelp.com

--

if I haven't given a url with my answer, try typing the keywords into
www.google.com