DVD region code problem.

Hi
I changed my dvd drive region a while ago to US region 1. I am now trying
to change it back to UK region 2. When I try it says I cannot do this. I
have 1 try remaining, so Im know I've not exceeded the 5 times allowed.
Please help!
3 answers Last reply
More about region code problem

    Did you ask DVD manufacturer's tech support?

    "marky boy" <marky boy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I changed my dvd drive region a while ago to US region 1. I am now trying
    > to change it back to UK region 2. When I try it says I cannot do this. I
    > have 1 try remaining, so Im know I've not exceeded the 5 times allowed.
    > Please help!

    no, it costs me a fortune. premium rate phone call. think i may have solved
    it though, I downloaded region free software and it seems to have solved it
    for the time being. still confusing though.....
    thanks for replying jerry.

    "Jerry" wrote:

    > Did you ask DVD manufacturer's tech support?
    >
    > "marky boy" <marky boy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > > I changed my dvd drive region a while ago to US region 1. I am now trying
    > > to change it back to UK region 2. When I try it says I cannot do this. I
    > > have 1 try remaining, so Im know I've not exceeded the 5 times allowed.
    > > Please help!

    Do a search on google. I know there's programs out there that will reset the
    counter.

    "marky boy" <marky boy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I changed my dvd drive region a while ago to US region 1. I am now trying
    > to change it back to UK region 2. When I try it says I cannot do this. I
    > have 1 try remaining, so Im know I've not exceeded the 5 times allowed.
    > Please help!

Video Windows XP