DVD region code problem.

August 14, 2005 7:56:02 AM

Hi
I changed my dvd drive region a while ago to US region 1. I am now trying
to change it back to UK region 2. When I try it says I cannot do this. I
have 1 try remaining, so Im know I've not exceeded the 5 times allowed.
Please help!
August 14, 2005 5:22:09 PM

Did you ask DVD manufacturer's tech support?

"marky boy" <marky boy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I changed my dvd drive region a while ago to US region 1. I am now trying
> to change it back to UK region 2. When I try it says I cannot do this. I
> have 1 try remaining, so Im know I've not exceeded the 5 times allowed.
> Please help!
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 10:24:02 AM

no, it costs me a fortune. premium rate phone call. think i may have solved
it though, I downloaded region free software and it seems to have solved it
for the time being. still confusing though.....
thanks for replying jerry.

"Jerry" wrote:

> Did you ask DVD manufacturer's tech support?
>
> "marky boy" <marky boy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > I changed my dvd drive region a while ago to US region 1. I am now trying
> > to change it back to UK region 2. When I try it says I cannot do this. I
> > have 1 try remaining, so Im know I've not exceeded the 5 times allowed.
> > Please help!

Anonymous
August 18, 2005 10:18:28 AM

Do a search on google. I know there's programs out there that will reset the
counter.

!