lcd monitors

David

Looking to buy dual monitors for video work. Has anyone got any
recommendations of type. I would like option of dvi and d-sub connections
on a 17 or 19"/slim frame/built in power model. Have been looking at
reviews online, etc and it appears monitors also get the exagerated
performance translations from manufacturers.

Want a real life recommendation from someone who is happy with quality when
video editing. Cheers.

David wrote:

> Looking to buy dual monitors for video work. Has anyone got any
> recommendations of type. I would like option of dvi and d-sub connections
> on a 17 or 19"/slim frame/built in power model. Have been looking at
> reviews online, etc and it appears monitors also get the exagerated
> performance translations from manufacturers.
>
> Want a real life recommendation from someone who is happy with quality when
> video editing. Cheers.

I have both a Princeton 19" from Costco ~$600 and a Sharp 19"
from Fry's ~$450 after rebates. I'm happy with both on my Mac
dual G5 w/FCP4. They don't exactly match, color-wise, they're
close but that's not too much of a concern to me as I keep the
timeline canvas on one for consistency.

The 19"ers have as much screen real estate as my old NEC 6FGP
"21" inch.

Bill