Adobe Premiere 1.5 / Recording Error = Out Of Memory : (

Paul

Splendid

I'm trying to burn a DVD with my family vacation I just edited
on Premiere Pro 1.5, but when the recording progress shows
around the 60% of the Overall Progress Indicator done, the Current
Task Progress (the indicator on top) reads: " Recording Error, Out of
Memory ", and the burning task seems to stop and nothing happens
until I press the "Close" button.

I have Premiere Pro Installed in a Pentium-4 Hyperthreading
3.GHZ / 1.00Gb of RAM, PC running Windows-XP Pro, and
I have several big disk drivers installed, so the problem can't be
related with memory shortage.

I have two DVD-R burners, a Plextor PX-A708A, and a Matshita
LF-D310, and I have tried both burners unsuccessfully.

I just tried to export my project as an MPEG2-DVD file to use an
alternative DVD authoring application to create a DVD (like Nero)
exporting to MPEG-2 to later try to burn using Nero, and Premiere
also stopped exporting showing an error (I don't remember the details).

Later I tried exporting to AVI and this was successful, the
AVI files plays flawlessly in my computer, but I wonder how much
quality I'm going to loose if I try to import the exported AVI files
on to Premiere Pro as a new project, and then try to burn them
again?

My entire project is around 1.45hours long, so I have also tried
dividing it in two parts, to burn it later in two separated DVD-R,
but when I try to burn just 1 hour DVD-R disk, Premiere Pro
gave me the "Recording Error, Out of Memory" no matter what
I try.

I'll appreciate any help regarding this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Please remove the "XX" from my e-mail address if you
prefer to respond via e-mail

Make sure you have the latest and greatest video drivers installed along
with the latest DirectX but also make sure your Temp files are cleaned out,
these fill up pretty fast and can choke the system.

--

Dave Jones
Independent Video Productions

"Paul" <paul11177XX@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to burn a DVD with my family vacation I just edited
> on Premiere Pro 1.5, but when the recording progress shows
> around the 60% of the Overall Progress Indicator done, the Current
> Task Progress (the indicator on top) reads: " Recording Error, Out of
> Memory ", and the burning task seems to stop and nothing happens
> until I press the "Close" button.

Paul

Splendid

I will Dave, thanks!

I just installed "Scenalycer Live' as many people have recommend ,
and I'm about to capture again using this program. Then I'm going
to build my project in Premiere Pro to later export the finished work
in AVI format and finally try to burn a DVD-R using other
application, as someone had suggested in the Adobe forum.

I have Nero and the complete Adobe Digital Video Collection 2.5 Pro
installed on my PC. Should I try Encore or Nero?

Thanks again,
Paul

>"The Videoguy" <dj76116NOSPAM@swbell.net> wrote in message
> Make sure you have the latest and greatest video drivers installed along
> with the latest DirectX but also make sure your Temp files are cleaned
> out,
> these fill up pretty fast and can choke the system.
>
> --
>
> Dave Jones
> Independent Video Productions
> www.vdoguy.com
>

> "Paul" <paul11177XX@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I'm trying to burn a DVD with my family vacation I just edited
>> on Premiere Pro 1.5, but when the recording progress shows
>> around the 60% of the Overall Progress Indicator done, the Current
>> Task Progress (the indicator on top) reads: " Recording Error, Out of
>> Memory ", and the burning task seems to stop and nothing happens
>> until I press the "Close" button.

Paul

Splendid

Thanks a lot for your help John.

I'm searching the Adobe forum right now.
I knew about the forum, but I prefer to try here too,
as many times I have found faster response here.

Regards,
Paul