What causes video to be out of sync iwth sound?

Doc

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

I experimented rendering an AVI file in Pinnacle Studio 8 and in the
resulting file, the sound lags behind the picture. Any ideas what causes
this and what the fix might be?

Thanks!

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

"Doc" <docsavage20@REMOVEhotmail.com> wrote:

>I experimented rendering an AVI file in Pinnacle Studio 8 and in the
>resulting file, the sound lags behind the picture. Any ideas what causes
>this and what the fix might be?
>

>Thanks!

Are you rendering to Mpeg2?
I've had that problem in the past.
I find I have to close down any programs running in the background and
need to have a fast hard drive.
You may need to degragment your hard drive.
It's best that you don't use the computer while you are rendering a
file. Take a long break.

Regards Brian