how do I save low level avi to dvd

I have movies on cdr that are in avi format, one and a half hours of really
good quality, how do I make the avi files of 13 gb a hour fit on to a 700 mb
cdr and can I edit this compressed avi format

"aceface10810" <allisamar@mweb.co.za> wrote in message
> I have movies on cdr that are in avi format, one and a half hours of
really
> good quality, how do I make the avi files of 13 gb a hour fit on to a 700
mb
> cdr and can I edit this compressed avi format

Let me get this straight, you have ~30 3min CD-Rs?

How you do it would depend on what you want to do with it.
You could want it to play as a VCD, SVCD, Mini-DVD, DivX,
or MPEG file (MPEG 1/2/4). A lot will depend on capabilities
of the player(s), on which you wish it to play.

Luck;
Ken

"Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> "aceface10810" <allisamar@mweb.co.za> wrote in message
> > I have movies on cdr that are in avi format, one and a half hours of
> really
> > good quality, how do I make the avi files of 13 gb a hour fit on to a
700
> mb
> > cdr and can I edit this compressed avi format
> >

> Let me get this straight, you have ~30 3min CD-Rs?
>
> How you do it would depend on what you want to do with it.
> You could want it to play as a VCD, SVCD, Mini-DVD, DivX,
> or MPEG file (MPEG 1/2/4). A lot will depend on capabilities
> of the player(s), on which you wish it to play.
>
> Luck;
> Ken

P.S. If you have a DL DVD burner & media you could put close
to 2hr of your 13gb/hr AVIs on only 3 disks. Of course right now,
the media would cost $60 almost as much as the NEC ND-2510A
DL DVD Drive itself.
/Ken

Forget the frigging CDR and plan on DVD. Heck, Office Max has one on
sale for 49.99 after rebates for a Dual 8x burner. 50 pack of DVD
Maxell disk for 39.99. Cheap as Cdrs for the size and their are a ton
of software out that will convert the AVI the DVD format to play on
most DVD.