DeN

I have just started using movie maker 2.1 to create my movies I have tried to
save the movie as DV AVI file but is to large to burn on to a 4.2Gb disc,
when I save the movie as High Quality Video (PAL) I seem to lose picture
quality.

Can I compress the DV AVI version to fit on to a 4.2Gb disc or will I have
to cut the movie down.

Cheers
--
Den

You don't put the AVI on the DVD. You use your third party software to
re-encode the DV-AVI file and burn the DVD. You can fit about two hours
worth of video on a DVD drive.

You'll save the DV-AVI, open your third party software, import the DV-AVI
and tell it to burn the DVD. Don't think about file size, think about time
length.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Den" <dennis.curran1@ntlworld.com.(donotspam).> wrote in message
>I have just started using movie maker 2.1 to create my movies I have tried
> save the movie as DV AVI file but is to large to burn on to a 4.2Gb disc,
> when I save the movie as High Quality Video (PAL) I seem to lose picture
> quality.
>
> Can I compress the DV AVI version to fit on to a 4.2Gb disc or will I have
> to cut the movie down.
>
> Cheers
> --
> Den

My dvd burner came with NERO. It has the option to recode. That recodes the
avi file to fit on a single DVD. Your dvd software probably has the same
type of options. There is very little loss of quality.
Your DVD burning program will make it fit on a DVD

"Den" <dennis.curran1@ntlworld.com.(donotspam).> wrote in message
>I have just started using movie maker 2.1 to create my movies I have tried
> save the movie as DV AVI file but is to large to burn on to a 4.2Gb disc,
> when I save the movie as High Quality Video (PAL) I seem to lose picture
> quality.
>
> Can I compress the DV AVI version to fit on to a 4.2Gb disc or will I have
> to cut the movie down.
>
> Cheers
> --
> Den

cut file, save fragments, copy to another PC,
then compose again

XEDIT.EXE
http://xedit.smike.ru
for huge files more than 1 Gig use:
"Tools"->"Fragmentize File" to pieces
If you want for gather file again from pieces use:
"Tools"->"Compose File" from pieces