tmpgenc.exe crash

Running tmpgenc 1.59

Gspot says my machine has all necessary audio and video codecs for the
avi i'm trying to convert, and that directshow claims it can play it
with no problems (after clicking render).

tmpgenc crashes at the end of the wizard, or in the middle of it if i
click on source range. (shows the send report to microsoft error on
tmpgenc.exe)

it also crashes if i skip the wizard and just click on the browse
button and select that avi.

both media player and quicktime play the avi with no problems.

as suggested i moved directshow to the top priority in tmpgenc options
to no avail

i have reinstall tmpgenc and no luck there either.

PLEASE HELP!

John Spano wrote:
> Running tmpgenc 1.59
>
> Gspot says my machine has all necessary audio and video codecs for the
> avi i'm trying to convert, and that directshow claims it can play it
> with no problems (after clicking render).
>
> tmpgenc crashes at the end of the wizard, or in the middle of it if i
> click on source range. (shows the send report to microsoft error on
> tmpgenc.exe)

Maybe have AVISynth or VirtualDub open the AVI and frameserve so that
either of those does the decoding, and TMPGEnc is just working with the
raw data?

Just a wild guess...

-WD

A buddy of mine has a machine that crashed regularly with Tmpgenc (2.5) and
I have one that crashed regularly with CCE Basic - shuts the computer down
in an instant. I have discovered that my problem is with the PICVideo codec.
[the developer is checking it out at present] I switched to HuffyUV and CCE
stopped crashing. Fingers crossed. My buddy will be trying Huffy with his
machine soon.

Will let you know.

This may not be your problem though. If you use PICVideo you might re-encode
a clip from it with HuffyUV and then try Tmpgenc again. I also suggest you
check the frames for readibility with VDubMod - not VDub. It didn't help me
with the CCE crashing problem though.

Good luck

MR