Nero6 Recoding causes Video/Sound desynchronization.

I have WindowsXP pro with an Intel 4pentium 1.72GHz, 512Mb RAM.

I have just installed a video card, a "Digital Terrestrial TV / Analogue TV
tuner card" VideoMate DVB-T300.

I use this card to download HDTV movies which I store to a dedicated HHD.

I can play back these movies with Nero6, Media Player and other players with
no problem at all, and with perfect Video/Sound synchronization.

But when I recode them with Nero6 the Sound/Video goes out of
synchronization, and this problem carries over to the DVDs when these are
burned from the Recoded file useing Nero Vision Express.

Why does the Recoding operation cause this Video/Sound desynchronization,
and is there any adjustment (anywhere) that can be made?

There is no reference to this problem in the Nero6 manual.

Please help, Frank

DarkKnight

generally caused by electrical interference on the received program,
playing the original recorded file is normally not a problem but when
you re-encode the encoders are generally not smart enough to compensate
for the errors.
I use VideoReDo to prep my recorded programs for DVD, removing
commercials etc and it also fixes up the stream errors and i get perfect
results to DVD every time. a program well worth the cost (you can also
get a demo to try it out). it's also very fast and easy to work with.

i then use TMPGenc DVD author to put the resultant file on DVD. It will
complain about the video bit rate being too high but just choose ignore
and continue, you will find that it will play ferfectly on your DVD player.

Regards Darkknight

Frank Martin wrote:

> I have WindowsXP pro with an Intel 4pentium 1.72GHz, 512Mb RAM.
>
> I have just installed a video card, a "Digital Terrestrial TV / Analogue TV
> tuner card" VideoMate DVB-T300.
>
> I use this card to download HDTV movies which I store to a dedicated HHD.
>
> I can play back these movies with Nero6, Media Player and other players with
> no problem at all, and with perfect Video/Sound synchronization.
>
> But when I recode them with Nero6 the Sound/Video goes out of
> synchronization, and this problem carries over to the DVDs when these are
> burned from the Recoded file useing Nero Vision Express.
>
> Why does the Recoding operation cause this Video/Sound desynchronization,
> and is there any adjustment (anywhere) that can be made?
>
> There is no reference to this problem in the Nero6 manual.
>
> Please help, Frank

TRENDING THREADS