Windows Movie Maker to DVD

Since it only exports movies as .wmv (correct me of I'm wrong), if I
export at the hightest quality, when I go to author a DVD and it
converts to mpeg2/.vob, how much quality should I expect to lose?

Thanks,
STRATEGY
1 answer Last reply
More about windows movie maker

    I'm only using Windows Movie Maker 1.1, and even this version allows you to save
    the movie to "other" format, with DV-NTSC AVI being on the list. So if you are
    editing mini-DV video, I suggest you save to DV format and then compress this to
    DVD video. I've found Ulead Movie Factor 3 to do a real decent conversion job,
    especially if it is working with pre-made AVI files and you have the MPEG2
    compression maxed out and set to variable. Just remember to keep your Ulead temp
    directory on a NTFS formatted drive or you might run into the 4GB file size
    limit of FAT32. Movie Factory can be demoed for free (full version.)

    "Bay Way 41510" <ikeyp510@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Since it only exports movies as .wmv (correct me of I'm wrong), if I
    > export at the hightest quality, when I go to author a DVD and it
    > converts to mpeg2/.vob, how much quality should I expect to lose?
    >

    > Thanks,
    > STRATEGY

Tuner Cards DVD Desktops Video Windows Movie Maker Graphics