Here's what GSpot shows,can somebody explain that?

Nemo

Hi again
I had a problem that can not see video from Canon .avi files.
Here's info from GSpot:
..avi
4cc:mjpg
Name:motion JPEG including Huffman Tables
3 compatible codecs installed:
ffdshow MPEG-4 Video decoder
AVI Draw
MJpeg Decompressor

Render:(s)-AVI Splitter-VFW:AVI Draw-DivXG400-SubtitleMixer-(r)
Direct Show claims to be able to play the file

Please advice what should I do to see my .avi files
Thanks

I find that sometimes things that don't work start to work when FFDSHOW
is inserted into the picture (pun intended). So first thing I'd do is
ensure that the MJPEG slot (if I can call it that) in FFDSHOW's CODECs
section is not disabled.

It may be useful to know which player you are trying to use. Or, to put
it another way, have you tried more than one? If not, try downloading
Media Player Classic (free), as it handles many formats and gets along
well with FFDSHOW.

If these and similar approaches fail, you may wish to try to convert
your files to another format. I'm not sure if VIRTUALDUB handles MJPEG.
IF not, I expect there are some conversion tools that do.

Nemo

bxf You are genius :) Thanks
> ensure that the MJPEG slot (if I can call it that) in FFDSHOW's CODECs
> section is not disabled
Just one tick and problem was solved :)
Now all players are able to play it again, just name one :) ..
WMP10,Divx,Light Alloy.

Thanks

nemo wrote:
> bxf You are genius :)