upgrading to MS Movie maker 2.0?

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

I downloaded the file M20enu.exe to upgrade my version 1.1 of MS Movie
maker. After installing the program I thought the current files would
be overwritten in the "C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\ folder but I
still have the old version files.
Is Movie maker 2 created in a different folder?

Regards Brian

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:29:05 +1200, Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:

>I downloaded the file M20enu.exe to upgrade my version 1.1 of MS Movie
>maker. After installing the program I thought the current files would
>be overwritten in the "C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\ folder but I
>still have the old version files.
>Is Movie maker 2 created in a different folder?
>
>Regards Brian

For me, the upgrade went to the same folder, but I used WindowsUpdate
rather than the standalone upgrade you used.

--
Bill

Rich

"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message
> I downloaded the file M20enu.exe to upgrade my version 1.1 of MS Movie
> maker. After installing the program I thought the current files would
> be overwritten in the "C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\ folder but I
> still have the old version files.
> Is Movie maker 2 created in a different folder?
>
> Regards Brian

It is created in the same folder. Many of the older files are retained.
Why not run the program and see if you have Version 2.0.3312.0.

"Rich" <richsanchez43@usa.com> wrote:

>"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message
>> I downloaded the file M20enu.exe to upgrade my version 1.1 of MS Movie
>> maker. After installing the program I thought the current files would
>> be overwritten in the "C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\ folder but I
>> still have the old version files.
>> Is Movie maker 2 created in a different folder?
>>
>> Regards Brian
>
>It is created in the same folder. Many of the older files are retained.
>Why not run the program and see if you have Version 2.0.3312.0.
>
>Rich

When I click on the about menu option a popup box displays version 1.1

Regards Brian

Rich

> "Rich" <richsanchez43@usa.com> wrote:
>

> >"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message
> >> I downloaded the file M20enu.exe to upgrade my version 1.1 of MS Movie
> >> maker. After installing the program I thought the current files would
> >> be overwritten in the "C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\ folder but I
> >> still have the old version files.
> >> Is Movie maker 2 created in a different folder?
> >>
> >> Regards Brian
> >
> >It is created in the same folder. Many of the older files are retained.
> >Why not run the program and see if you have Version 2.0.3312.0.
> >
> >Rich
> >

> When I click on the about menu option a popup box displays version 1.1
>
> Regards Brian

First of all, Version 2 will only run on XP (You didn't say what OS you
had).

You might want to look here:
http://www.eicsoftware.com/PapaJohn/MM2/MM2-Issues-Not-Installing.html

or here:

http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/Forums/Default.aspx

Rich

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

"Rich" <richsanchez43@usa.com> wrote:

>"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message
>> "Rich" <richsanchez43@usa.com> wrote:
>>

>> >"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message

>> >It is created in the same folder. Many of the older files are retained.
>> >Why not run the program and see if you have Version 2.0.3312.0.
>> >
>> >Rich
>> >

>> When I click on the about menu option a popup box displays version 1.1
>>
>> Regards Brian
>
>First of all, Version 2 will only run on XP (You didn't say what OS you
>had).
>
>You might want to look here:
>http://www.eicsoftware.com/PapaJohn/MM2/MM2-Issues-Not-Installing.html
>
>or here:
>
>http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/Forums/Default.aspx
>
>Rich

I use Windows XP
Thanks for the site addresses I'll take a look.

Regards Brian