video switching software ?

Jef

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2002

Hi all,

I am looking for video switching software or something like that. I want to
use a projector connected to my 2nd VGA connector. With the keyboard I want
to switch between AVI files, live camera input(via an osprey card) and
between still images. Is there anyone who knows a piece of software that can
do this ?

Thanks,

Jef

sounds like a KVM.

-Richard

Jef wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am looking for video switching software or something like that. I want to
> use a projector connected to my 2nd VGA connector. With the keyboard I want
> to switch between AVI files, live camera input(via an osprey card) and
> between still images. Is there anyone who knows a piece of software that can
> do this ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jef

Jef

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2002

isn't a KVM for keyboard, mouse and stuff?
I am looking for software that I can use to give a presentation that is
made up of several video fragments, stills and live camera source. Would be
nice if it can do transitions(wipe, fade,..) too.

Jef

"Richard Ragon" <bsema04NOSPAM@hanaho.com> wrote in message
> sounds like a KVM.
>
> -Richard
>

> Jef wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am looking for video switching software or something like that. I want
> > use a projector connected to my 2nd VGA connector. With the keyboard I
want
> > to switch between AVI files, live camera input(via an osprey card) and
> > between still images. Is there anyone who knows a piece of software that
can
> > do this ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jef

Yeah it is.. But look at your description.. "..I want to use a projector
connected to my 2nd VGA connector. With the keyboard I want to switch
between..." sounded like you need a KVM.

Other than that.. perhaps power point?

You could do this all with any video editing software too.

I'm afraid that your being a little vague, and it's confusing everyone
here. :)

-Richard

Jef wrote:

> isn't a KVM for keyboard, mouse and stuff?
> I am looking for software that I can use to give a presentation that is
> made up of several video fragments, stills and live camera source. Would be
> nice if it can do transitions(wipe, fade,..) too.
>

> Jef
>
> "Richard Ragon" <bsema04NOSPAM@hanaho.com> wrote in message
>
>>sounds like a KVM.
>>
>>-Richard
>>

>>Jef wrote:
>>

>>>Hi all,
>>>
>>>I am looking for video switching software or something like that. I want

>>>use a projector connected to my 2nd VGA connector. With the keyboard I
>
> want
>
>>>to switch between AVI files, live camera input(via an osprey card) and
>>>between still images. Is there anyone who knows a piece of software that
>
> can
>
>>>do this ?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>Jef

It sounds to me like he wants a program to switch among several
video sources in or connected to his computer, and send the
currently selected video signal to a video out port connected to a
video projector (all in real time, as I read it).

Nothing like a KVM, IMHO.

Unfortunately, I know of nothing short of capturing everything and
editing it all into a single video file, but that's not real time.

Gino

--
Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com

Jef

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2002

sorry if my post was vague. But your description is quite accurate.
I want to send the currently selected video source to a projector. All
should happen in real time.

Jef
"Gene E. Bloch" <hamburger@NOT_SPAM.invalid> wrote in message
> It sounds to me like he wants a program to switch among several
> video sources in or connected to his computer, and send the
> currently selected video signal to a video out port connected to a
> video projector (all in real time, as I read it).
>
> Nothing like a KVM, IMHO.
>
> Unfortunately, I know of nothing short of capturing everything and
> editing it all into a single video file, but that's not real time.
>
> Gino
>
> Richard Ragon <bsema04NOSPAM@hanaho.com> wrote in
>
> > Yeah it is.. But look at your description.. "..I want to use a
> > projector connected to my 2nd VGA connector. With the keyboard I
> > want to switch between..." sounded like you need a KVM.
> >
> > Other than that.. perhaps power point?
> >
> > You could do this all with any video editing software too.
> >
> > I'm afraid that your being a little vague, and it's confusing
> > everyone here. :)
> >
> > -Richard
> >

> > Jef wrote:
> >
> >> isn't a KVM for keyboard, mouse and stuff?
> >> I am looking for software that I can use to give a presentation
> >> that is
> >> made up of several video fragments, stills and live camera
> >> source. Would be nice if it can do transitions(wipe, fade,..)
> >> too.
> >>

> >> Jef
> >>
> >> "Richard Ragon" <bsema04NOSPAM@hanaho.com> wrote in message

> >> want

> >> can

> --
> Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
> Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com

I didn't think your post was vague...

But tell you what, I'll accept your apology anyway. It's lunch time
in this time zone, and I'm hungry, so I guess I'm getting weird from
hypoglycemia... :)

Gino

"Jef" <jef@hotmail.com> wrote in

> sorry if my post was vague. But your description is quite
> accurate. I want to send the currently selected video source to a
> projector. All should happen in real time.
>
> Jef
> "Gene E. Bloch" <hamburger@NOT_SPAM.invalid> wrote in message
>> It sounds to me like he wants a program to switch among several
>> video sources in or connected to his computer, and send the
>> currently selected video signal to a video out port connected to
>> a video projector (all in real time, as I read it).
>>
>> Nothing like a KVM, IMHO.
>>
>> Unfortunately, I know of nothing short of capturing everything
>> and editing it all into a single video file, but that's not real
>> time.
>>
>> Gino
>>
>> Richard Ragon <bsema04NOSPAM@hanaho.com> wrote in
>>
>> > Yeah it is.. But look at your description.. "..I want to use a
>> > projector connected to my 2nd VGA connector. With the keyboard
>> > I want to switch between..." sounded like you need a KVM.
>> >
>> > Other than that.. perhaps power point?
>> >
>> > You could do this all with any video editing software too.
>> >
>> > I'm afraid that your being a little vague, and it's confusing
>> > everyone here. :)
>> >
>> > -Richard

>> --
>> Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
>> Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com

--
Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com

Jef
"Gene E. Bloch" wrote
>But your description is quite accurate.
>I want to send the currently selected video source to a projector. All
>should happen in real time.

Do a search for "VJ software".
One hit was...

http://www.resolume.com

Looks like it could do what you need. Interesting stuff, kinda of a low cost
Video Toaster . A PC V.T. would do all of what you are looking for with an
uncompressed high grade component output and up to 24 inputs. Cost above $5k
tho and doesn't offer any M/E busses.
Post what you find and I'll do the same.
I do some live work with a PC/Vegas and two Amiga Video Toasters.

Craig H.

HighPeaksVideo wrote:
> Jef
> "Gene E. Bloch" wrote
>> But your description is quite accurate.
>> I want to send the currently selected video source to a projector.
>> All should happen in real time.
>
> Do a search for "VJ software".
> One hit was...
>
> http://www.resolume.com
>
> Looks like it could do what you need. Interesting stuff, kinda of a
> low cost Video Toaster . A PC V.T. would do all of what you are
> looking for with an uncompressed high grade component output and up
> to 24 inputs. Cost above $5k tho and doesn't offer any M/E busses.
> Post what you find and I'll do the same.
> I do some live work with a PC/Vegas and two Amiga Video Toasters.
>
> Craig H.

Check out http://www.vjcentral.com/ for several links, reviews, articles,
FAQs, etc. on this topic.

Mike