WTD:Photo printer reccomendations

I'm looking for a photo printer whether a PC one that uses ink jet
technology that will allow bigger than the 6x4 prints or a stand alone unit
that is specific for Digital cameras which use Dye sublimation technology
and only allow 6x4 max prints.

I've been looking at the Sony DPP-EX50 for no specific reason other than it
looks good uses Dye sub technology and has a image display panel.

I do not want to spend the earth on the unit and was thinking of a max of
£200... less if poss.

I currently own a Canon 300D and A60 so I don't know if photo printers are
capable of showing up the differences between the two, more so if I went
further up the ladder.

Steve

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 21:57:45 -0000, "Stevie Boy" <zen20140@zen.co.uk> wrote:

>I'm looking for a photo printer whether a PC one that uses ink jet
>technology that will allow bigger than the 6x4 prints or a stand alone unit
>that is specific for Digital cameras which use Dye sublimation technology
>and only allow 6x4 max prints.
>
>I've been looking at the Sony DPP-EX50 for no specific reason other than it
>looks good uses Dye sub technology and has a image display panel.
>
>I do not want to spend the earth on the unit and was thinking of a max of
>£200... less if poss.
>
>I currently own a Canon 300D and A60 so I don't know if photo printers are
>capable of showing up the differences between the two, more so if I went
>further up the ladder.
>
>Steve

Seems from a Article posted in the Printer news group that Dye Sub Prints only
have a 7 year life span, when I got my Panasonic I was under the impression
they last longer the Ink Jet Prints

And inkjet pictures last longer than 7 years no way. Besides dye sub is the
way to go I have read they can last 100-200 years.

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 22:09:04 -0500, "Dukie" <jzurb@charter.net> wrote:

>And inkjet pictures last longer than 7 years no way. Besides dye sub is the
>way to go I have read they can last 100-200 years.

Bollock go read the Article, and the Epson R800 prints last 104 Years..

> On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 22:09:04 -0500, "Dukie" <jzurb@charter.net> wrote:
>
>>And inkjet pictures last longer than 7 years no way. Besides dye sub is
>>the
>>way to go I have read they can last 100-200 years.
>

> Bollock go read the Article, and the Epson R800 prints last 104 Years..

Where be that link? From what I gather Dye sub is a superior way of printing
as it does not use miniscule dots to make up an image instead uses some
other technology which prints out individual colours in one stroke... guess
I need to read up on the technology a bit more eh?

Steve

"Stevie Boy" <zen20140@zen.co.uk> wrote in message

> "William Bell" <wbell@tinkle.com> wrote in message
> > On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 22:09:04 -0500, "Dukie" <jzurb@charter.net> wrote:
> >
> >>And inkjet pictures last longer than 7 years no way. Besides dye sub is
> >>the
> >>way to go I have read they can last 100-200 years.
> >

> > Bollock go read the Article, and the Epson R800 prints last 104 Years..
> >

> Where be that link? From what I gather Dye sub is a superior way of
printing
> as it does not use miniscule dots to make up an image instead uses some
> other technology which prints out individual colours in one stroke...
guess
> I need to read up on the technology a bit more eh?
>
> Steve

The link is in the post:
Subject: Print Life Facts.

Copied from the above post.