Live titling software

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

Is it possible to do live titling with a software CG package? I've got a
Canopus DVStorm2 Pro and would like to be able to feed live video through
and overlay titles in realtime. Any suggested products would be greatly
appreciated...

-Mike Kern

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

Suggest you llok at COMPIX (www.compixmedia.com) .... excellent PC based CG
system

Remember, however, that you will have severe problems trying this on one
computer...will require feeding output from "Video" computer to "CG"
computer, and from "CG" computer to tape in order to do it "LIVE"

"Mike Kern" <mike_kern@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to do live titling with a software CG package? I've got a
> Canopus DVStorm2 Pro and would like to be able to feed live video through
> and overlay titles in realtime. Any suggested products would be greatly
> appreciated...
>
> -Mike Kern

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

Mike,

Try the Standalone Power CG at
http://www.caymangraphics.com/Standalone.html. You'll need either a
DPS velocity card, or an AJA Xena card.

Thanks

Jeff McOmie

"Mike Kern" <mike_kern@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<FXTKc.336$x64.218@news01.roc.ny>...
> Is it possible to do live titling with a software CG package? I've got a
> Canopus DVStorm2 Pro and would like to be able to feed live video through
> and overlay titles in realtime. Any suggested products would be greatly
> appreciated...
>
> -Mike Kern

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

Live Alpha 1.0 does live titling in software with no extra hardware
requirements. It is setup to operate as a plug-in for windows media
encoder 9 but can be configured to work with DirectShow apps.
Visit http://www.convid.com for details and to download a demo.

Mike Kern wrote:

> Is it possible to do live titling with a software CG package?
> I've got a Canopus DVStorm2 Pro and would like to be able to
> feed live video through and overlay titles in realtime. Any
> suggested products would be greatly appreciated...

I do not know about live titling with DVstorm, but you might be
able to buy a second-hand Video Toaster (Amiga) system for that
purpose. If you do not need the extra features VT provides,
depending on your quality requirements, any second-hand Amiga
with a genlock / video superimposer should do. Besides the Video
Toaster software-hardware combination, Scala Multimedia is a
popular generic Amiga video titling application.

Of course, these systems are no longer in production - but that
is precisely why you might be able to find them cheaply. See
the comp.sys.amiga.* newsgroups, too.

--
znark

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

i have "live type" that came with the final cut bundle. it is kinda
cool, but i am sure there is better. seems like there is a bigger
learning curve than final cut!

hey, does anybody know where i can get more "live fonts" to use in
live type? do they cost? can you dnld them free?

-b0ngO