sanjay

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2004

When a DVD +/- r/rw and CD r/rw indicates a speed of say e.g. x16 for DVD,
and if I use a blank DVD with a speed of x8, will the resulting audio DVD
with the burn play normally on a DVD player. Obviously more data is sent i.e.
x16 then the x8 disc can handle! (Same for CD r/rw).

Will there be skipping of tracks or would it take longer for the player to
load and play the tracks? Ii suppose the same applies to CD r burning.

Thanks

Sanjay Mehta

The writwer will check the disc info adn set it's own speed as 8x max, or
most burning programmes let you set the speed you want, so you can set it to
whatever speed you like, up to the max the disc can support.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"sanjay" <sanjay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> When a DVD +/- r/rw and CD r/rw indicates a speed of say e.g. x16 for DVD,
> and if I use a blank DVD with a speed of x8, will the resulting audio DVD
> with the burn play normally on a DVD player. Obviously more data is sent
> i.e.
> x16 then the x8 disc can handle! (Same for CD r/rw).
>
> Will there be skipping of tracks or would it take longer for the player to
> load and play the tracks? Ii suppose the same applies to CD r burning.
>
> Thanks
>
> Sanjay Mehta

I have used DVD-blanks stateing 4X and 8X..I was setting my Write Speeds to
4X-only..but have found some lesser priced DVD-blanks don't Write at the
SPEED they describe(advertise)..my DVD-blanks are 8X these days and I set the
Write Speed accordingly..TESTS that I have used to determine the READ/WRITE
Speeds of my Optical drives have revealed some things..but I mostly keep my
CD's at 12X..but some software seems to allow 16X..but there is always a
fluctuateing Value..for DVD-blanks I have had my Write Speed
utilize....1X..3X..4X..7X..8X..nothing higher than that..and my mpeg-2 DVD's
run very smooth these days.

"sanjay" wrote:

> When a DVD +/- r/rw and CD r/rw indicates a speed of say e.g. x16 for DVD,
> and if I use a blank DVD with a speed of x8, will the resulting audio DVD
> with the burn play normally on a DVD player. Obviously more data is sent i.e.
> x16 then the x8 disc can handle! (Same for CD r/rw).
>
> Will there be skipping of tracks or would it take longer for the player to
> load and play the tracks? Ii suppose the same applies to CD r burning.
>
> Thanks
>
> Sanjay Mehta

TRENDING THREADS