Available Wireless Networks

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
September 30, 2004 9:52:33 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

My View Wireless Networks routinely shows a couple of non-secure networks
from somewhere in my neighborhood.

At times they interfere with my wi-fi network. Is there a place/way to have
my system 'ignore' them?

TIA

--

More about : wireless networks

October 2, 2004 3:10:47 AM

Neo Anderson wrote:

> My View Wireless Networks routinely shows a couple of non-secure networks
> from somewhere in my neighborhood.
>
> At times they interfere with my wi-fi network. Is there a place/way to have
> my system 'ignore' them?
>
> TIA

when you have interference there is only one solution
change your own channel in the AP

use netstumbler to find out which channels are available.
or talk to them and set up a local area "channel plan"
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 4, 2004 8:09:39 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

You can also configure XP to connect only to wireless networks in your
preferred list. In the wireless config click the Advanced button then
select the checkbox for connecting to only preferred networks. Now XP will
only connect to networks in your preferred networks list. You can add
networks to your preferred list using the View Available Networks window.

--
Joshua
[MSFT]

!