Poor sound quality -- underwater!?

I am making a demo video based on capturing my screen while I talk into a
microphone.

I have saved it as highest quality using Windows Media Encoder.

The sound is very poor. (It sounds like I am underwater.) I am using a Dell
Notebook with a Sigma Tel Audio sound card. Here is a link:
http://www.conscious-investor.com/av/samples/usa.wmv

What can I do to improve the sound? Better microphone? Get a desktop with a
better sound card?
1 answer Last reply
More about poor sound quality underwater

    To get top quality sound..you need top quality equipment..Your sound track
    should be made in Stereo(analog)..that allows a TEST before and after its
    recorded..learn to maintain a Sound Level for all your Future
    Projects(ears)as well as Instrumetation..Voice is very differant from Music
    and instruments..I sometimes create Vioce Soundtracks for Video..I start by
    getting a loud recording(analog)and use my ROXIO Sound Editor to maintain its
    LEVEL with my other projects(converting)to Digtial Format at that
    point..usually a (wma)..good ears are needed..because the Meters will fool
    you as you accummulate Files..Use Headphones..and TEST in the External
    Spkr-mode..I always TEST in Surround Sound(Pro-Logic)or Dolby Digital and
    PCM..if the sound is good in that MODE..regular Stereo Left and Right will be
    great.

    "John" wrote:

    > I am making a demo video based on capturing my screen while I talk into a
    > microphone.
    >
    > I have saved it as highest quality using Windows Media Encoder.
    >
    > The sound is very poor. (It sounds like I am underwater.) I am using a Dell
    > Notebook with a Sigma Tel Audio sound card. Here is a link:
    > http://www.conscious-investor.com/av/samples/usa.wmv
    >
    > What can I do to improve the sound? Better microphone? Get a desktop with a
    > better sound card?

Video Microphone Sound Cards Windows XP