Poor sound quality -- underwater!?

August 21, 2005 9:13:02 AM

I am making a demo video based on capturing my screen while I talk into a
microphone.

I have saved it as highest quality using Windows Media Encoder.

The sound is very poor. (It sounds like I am underwater.) I am using a Dell
Notebook with a Sigma Tel Audio sound card. Here is a link:
http://www.conscious-investor.com/av/samples/usa.wmv

What can I do to improve the sound? Better microphone? Get a desktop with a
better sound card?
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 6:34:35 PM

To get top quality sound..you need top quality equipment..Your sound track
should be made in Stereo(analog)..that allows a TEST before and after its
recorded..learn to maintain a Sound Level for all your Future
Projects(ears)as well as Instrumetation..Voice is very differant from Music
and instruments..I sometimes create Vioce Soundtracks for Video..I start by
getting a loud recording(analog)and use my ROXIO Sound Editor to maintain its
LEVEL with my other projects(converting)to Digtial Format at that
point..usually a (wma)..good ears are needed..because the Meters will fool
you as you accummulate Files..Use Headphones..and TEST in the External
Spkr-mode..I always TEST in Surround Sound(Pro-Logic)or Dolby Digital and
PCM..if the sound is good in that MODE..regular Stereo Left and Right will be
great.

!