How edit WMV movies without reencoding?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 20, 2004 7:13:05 PM

Can anyone tell me what programs can edit WMV-movie-files and just
cutout the parts I want, without reencoding it. This saves a lot of
time and keep exactly the same quality.

For MPG I use MyFlix and for AVI's I use VirtualDub to cut out the
parts I want to keep without reencoding them. But it seems VirtualDub
may not handel WMV's because of Microsoft copyrights.

Thanks
Anonymous
July 23, 2004 7:12:00 PM

In article <a9ee3bbf.0407201413.23d255a1@posting.google.com>,
michelratipho@mail.com says...
> Subject: How edit WMV movies without reencoding?
> From: michelratipho@mail.com (Michel)
> Newsgroups: rec.video.desktop
>
> Can anyone tell me what programs can edit WMV-movie-files and just
> cutout the parts I want, without reencoding it. This saves a lot of
> time and keep exactly the same quality.
>
> For MPG I use MyFlix and for AVI's I use VirtualDub to cut out the
> parts I want to keep without reencoding them. But it seems VirtualDub
> may not handel WMV's because of Microsoft copyrights.
>
> Thanks

I seriously doubt this is possible because of the way it's compressed.
convert it to MPG and then edit is probably the only option.
--
http://www.ramsays-online.com

http://www.boilsoft.com/

You need both the splitter program and the joiner program. They work well
for me on mpg, avi and wmv.

Ken

!