How edit WMV movies without reencoding?

Can anyone tell me what programs can edit WMV-movie-files and just
cutout the parts I want, without reencoding it. This saves a lot of
time and keep exactly the same quality.

For MPG I use MyFlix and for AVI's I use VirtualDub to cut out the
parts I want to keep without reencoding them. But it seems VirtualDub
may not handel WMV's because of Microsoft copyrights.

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about edit movies reencoding

    In article <a9ee3bbf.0407201413.23d255a1@posting.google.com>,
    michelratipho@mail.com says...
    > Subject: How edit WMV movies without reencoding?
    > From: michelratipho@mail.com (Michel)
    > Newsgroups: rec.video.desktop
    >
    > Can anyone tell me what programs can edit WMV-movie-files and just
    > cutout the parts I want, without reencoding it. This saves a lot of
    > time and keep exactly the same quality.
    >
    > For MPG I use MyFlix and for AVI's I use VirtualDub to cut out the
    > parts I want to keep without reencoding them. But it seems VirtualDub
    > may not handel WMV's because of Microsoft copyrights.
    >
    > Thanks

    I seriously doubt this is possible because of the way it's compressed.
    convert it to MPG and then edit is probably the only option.
    --
    _________________________
    http://www.ramsays-online.com

    http://www.boilsoft.com/

    You need both the splitter program and the joiner program. They work well
    for me on mpg, avi and wmv.

    Ken

    "Michel" <michelratipho@mail.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone tell me what programs can edit WMV-movie-files and just
    > cutout the parts I want, without reencoding it. This saves a lot of
    > time and keep exactly the same quality.
    >
    > For MPG I use MyFlix and for AVI's I use VirtualDub to cut out the
    > parts I want to keep without reencoding them. But it seems VirtualDub
    > may not handel WMV's because of Microsoft copyrights.
    >
    > Thanks

Tuner Cards Movies Desktops Video Graphics Product