Guard and enemies do not move

Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 10, 2005 9:35:37 PM

I'm having problems with Half Life: Source. After saving a game and
leaving and then reloading it, none of the monsters or guards move. I
can go to a guard or scientist and talk to to them, but they don't turn
to me nor move when I ask them to follow.

Monsters will stay in place and not even attack. When head crabs fall
from the ceiling, they fall to the ground and stay there, not moving at
all.

One time I rebooted and this seemed to fix it. Now, none of the
computer characters move.

What gives?

Thanks!

More about : guard enemies move

Anonymous
August 11, 2005 4:40:25 AM

Try a shower or Right Guard....

--

"The Buffalo Theory"

A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest
buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest
and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This
natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because
the general speed and health of the whole group keeps
improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.
In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as
fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of
alcohol, as we know, kill brain cells. But naturally,
it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first.
In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the
weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more
efficient machine! That's why you always feel smarter
after a few beers.
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 6:14:59 AM

Bolski wrote:
> I'm having problems with Half Life: Source. After saving a game and
> leaving and then reloading it, none of the monsters or guards move. I
> can go to a guard or scientist and talk to to them, but they don't turn
> to me nor move when I ask them to follow.
>
> Monsters will stay in place and not even attack. When head crabs fall
> from the ceiling, they fall to the ground and stay there, not moving at
> all.
>
> One time I rebooted and this seemed to fix it. Now, none of the
> computer characters move.
>
> What gives?
>
> Thanks!

That depends on which version you're using. Did you buy it in a store,
or purchase it through Steam?
Related resources
August 11, 2005 7:14:08 AM

I bought it at EB Games. It's the Half Life 2 Collectors Edition DVD.
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 10:31:16 AM

Have you tried going back to an earlier save? Maybe just the last save is
messed up.

"Bolski" <ivan_samuelson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm having problems with Half Life: Source. After saving a game and
> leaving and then reloading it, none of the monsters or guards move. I
> can go to a guard or scientist and talk to to them, but they don't turn
> to me nor move when I ask them to follow.
>
> Monsters will stay in place and not even attack. When head crabs fall
> from the ceiling, they fall to the ground and stay there, not moving at
> all.
>
> One time I rebooted and this seemed to fix it. Now, none of the
> computer characters move.
>
> What gives?
>
> Thanks!

Anonymous
August 14, 2005 2:40:57 AM

Bolski wrote:
> I bought it at EB Games. It's the Half Life 2 Collectors Edition DVD.

Same version here, no problems. Only time it did anything like that was
when I was playing some levels through Garry's Mod 8.3, and that was
possibly due to my having spawned several extra NPCs just messing
around. You do keep HL2 up-to-date?
!