video problem

a b U Graphics card
August 22, 2005 12:11:02 AM

running xp serv pack 2
NEC LCD 1715 MONITOR

INSTALLED NEW VIDEO CARD NVIDIA GEFORCE FX 5200

I have a download of a routine by robin wiliams and when i try to play it or
any other video that i download the colour is washed out and there in nothing
i have attempted that clears this up.

the colour is okay when i play games.

tried to update drivers for the monitor and have the latest drivers for the
video card but nothing helps.

any advice would be appreciated

a reply to specfile@cogeco.ca would be appreciated

thnks

More about : video problem

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 22, 2005 2:25:01 AM

Try downloading windows encoder,once installed and open,select "convert
this file" browse to the file,create an output folder,then the encoder runs
auto.

"specfile" wrote:

> running xp serv pack 2
> NEC LCD 1715 MONITOR
>
> INSTALLED NEW VIDEO CARD NVIDIA GEFORCE FX 5200
>
> I have a download of a routine by robin wiliams and when i try to play it or
> any other video that i download the colour is washed out and there in nothing
> i have attempted that clears this up.
>
> the colour is okay when i play games.
>
> tried to update drivers for the monitor and have the latest drivers for the
> video card but nothing helps.
>
> any advice would be appreciated
>
> a reply to specfile@cogeco.ca would be appreciated
>
> thnks

August 22, 2005 9:58:02 PM

The problem is in the latest NVIDIA display drivers version 77.72 or 77.77. I
had the same problem with my FX 5200. The solution is to revert back to the
oldest known stable drivers, which I found are 71.89. Read the other
newsgroups and you'll see this is a major problem.

You can find them at ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows

I can guarantee you this will solve your problem. It worked for me!

!