video problem

running xp serv pack 2
NEC LCD 1715 MONITOR

INSTALLED NEW VIDEO CARD NVIDIA GEFORCE FX 5200

I have a download of a routine by robin wiliams and when i try to play it or
any other video that i download the colour is washed out and there in nothing
i have attempted that clears this up.

the colour is okay when i play games.

tried to update drivers for the monitor and have the latest drivers for the
video card but nothing helps.

any advice would be appreciated

a reply to specfile@cogeco.ca would be appreciated

thnks
2 answers Last reply
More about video problem

    Try downloading windows encoder,once installed and open,select "convert
    this file" browse to the file,create an output folder,then the encoder runs
    auto.

    "specfile" wrote:

    > running xp serv pack 2
    > NEC LCD 1715 MONITOR
    >
    > INSTALLED NEW VIDEO CARD NVIDIA GEFORCE FX 5200
    >
    > I have a download of a routine by robin wiliams and when i try to play it or
    > any other video that i download the colour is washed out and there in nothing
    > i have attempted that clears this up.
    >
    > the colour is okay when i play games.
    >
    > tried to update drivers for the monitor and have the latest drivers for the
    > video card but nothing helps.
    >
    > any advice would be appreciated
    >
    > a reply to specfile@cogeco.ca would be appreciated
    >
    > thnks

    The problem is in the latest NVIDIA display drivers version 77.72 or 77.77. I
    had the same problem with my FX 5200. The solution is to revert back to the
    oldest known stable drivers, which I found are 71.89. Read the other
    newsgroups and you'll see this is a major problem.

    You can find them at ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows

    I can guarantee you this will solve your problem. It worked for me!

    "specfile" wrote:

    > running xp serv pack 2
    > NEC LCD 1715 MONITOR
    >
    > INSTALLED NEW VIDEO CARD NVIDIA GEFORCE FX 5200
    >
    > I have a download of a routine by robin wiliams and when i try to play it or
    > any other video that i download the colour is washed out and there in nothing
    > i have attempted that clears this up.
    >
    > the colour is okay when i play games.
    >
    > tried to update drivers for the monitor and have the latest drivers for the
    > video card but nothing helps.
    >
    > any advice would be appreciated
    >
    > a reply to specfile@cogeco.ca would be appreciated
    >
    > thnks