fake film with 24 frames......can you add 6 fps?

I know video can be set to record at 24 fps for a fake film look....

But can a 24 fps capture be tweaked to look like video at 29-30 fps? like
maybe doubling up every 4 frame or something like that?

> I know video can be set to record at 24 fps for a fake film look....
>
> But can a 24 fps capture be tweaked to look like video at 29-30 fps?
like
> maybe doubling up every 4 frame or something like that?

Probably not. 29.97 fps is usually interlaced 60hz, so the smoothness/motion
is really similar to 60 fps, which would be difficult to replicate from 24
fps. Why would you want to do that anyway?

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 21:55:27 -0700, "Trias Germany"
<watchyalookin@stupid.com.mie> wrote:

>can a 24 fps capture be tweaked to look like video at 29-30 fps? like
>maybe doubling up every 4 frame or something like that?

If you convert from 24 fps to 29-30 fps, that's exactly what is going
to happen. Unless you use MotionPerfect, that shall invent the missing
frames.

Check out

www.dvfilm.com

They have a program that can take NTSC and PAL and turn it into video that
looks like telecined 24fps film.

It may also take 24fps footage (like from the DVX100) and make it look like
30fps video, although the DVX100 has a playback option that does that already.

What camera are you using?

Peace,
Vic Morris
http://vicmorris.blogspot.com

Google on "telecine" or "Inverse Telecine". Is this what you are looking for?