HELP: Flat screen with video inputs

August 22, 2005 5:51:13 AM

HI,

I would like to get a flat screen with S-video input but I do not want
to have a TV screen. I would jusy like to be abble to use the screen as
the computer screen and as a monitor to play VHS.
Can someone tell me what I should look at ?

Philippe
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 5:51:14 AM

<philou2000@msn.com> wrote in message
> HI,
>
> I would like to get a flat screen with S-video input but I do not want
> to have a TV screen. I would jusy like to be abble to use the screen as
> the computer screen and as a monitor to play VHS.
> Can someone tell me what I should look at ?
>
> Philippe

TV uses a signal called NTSC.
Computer uses a signal called RIB.
The two are different.
In order to view TV on a FP monitor, without a tuner card in your computer,
would require a tuner
built into the FP.
You won't find a computer monitor that will do what you are asking.
You will find TV monitors (Samsung) that will display both.

Bobby
!