Audio DV capture problems - Newbie

Hi
DV capture using several programs including Win DV from my Cannon MV700i on its
default 12 bit Audio is OK, no problems. However I changed the Camera settings
to 16 Bit Audio (no other changes) for my holiday video and now when I capture
there is no audio.
When played back in the camera the audio is there.
I did a test clip back on 12 bit and the audio is captured OK but not on 16Bit.
I don't want to lose my holiday video can anyone help
I'm in the UK, PAL format and using firewire to a 2.8 Gig 1024mb Ram P4
computer with plenty of 7200 rpm disc space
Mel

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

melaniegree64694@aol.com (Melaniegree64694) wrote:

>Hi
>DV capture using several programs including Win DV from my Cannon MV700i on its
>default 12 bit Audio is OK, no problems. However I changed the Camera settings
>to 16 Bit Audio (no other changes) for my holiday video and now when I capture
>there is no audio.
>When played back in the camera the audio is there.
>I did a test clip back on 12 bit and the audio is captured OK but not on 16Bit.
>I don't want to lose my holiday video can anyone help
>I'm in the UK, PAL format and using firewire to a 2.8 Gig 1024mb Ram P4
>computer with plenty of 7200 rpm disc space
>Mel

It's pooible that Win DV might not support 16 bit audio.
Try another video editing program such as Ulead video studio.
You can trail it from www.ulead.com and it's fully working.

Regards Brian