VCD PLAYBACK PROBLEM

I've trrid everything I know....they won't play.
I get a scrambled top with a green bottom.
I don't think it's a codec issue because I do get visual and sound...
Could it be a DLL or aspi driver issue?

Lazarus

what os
what version of mp
what file type

what about posting that again eh!

<r6453@triton.net> wrote in message
> I've trrid everything I know....they won't play.
> I get a scrambled top with a green bottom.
> I don't think it's a codec issue because I do get visual and sound...
> Could it be a DLL or aspi driver issue?

>I've trrid everything I know....they won't play.
>I get a scrambled top with a green bottom.
>I don't think it's a codec issue because I do get visual and sound...
>Could it be a DLL or aspi driver

#################
Just buy a DCD burner and forget VCD. BG

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:30:53 +0000 (UTC), "Lazarus"
<whicanibe@now.com> wrote:

>what os
>what version of mp
>what file type
>
>what about posting that again eh!
>

><r6453@triton.net> wrote in message
>> I've trrid everything I know....they won't play.
>> I get a scrambled top with a green bottom.
>> I don't think it's a codec issue because I do get visual and sound...
>> Could it be a DLL or aspi driver issue?

OS is XP professional

I assume MP is media player...There is no rendering of clarity
in any and all players.

These are any and all vcd's and svcd's (All other formats play fine)

Videocard is an ATI 9800 pro 256

wHAT TOOL ARE YOU USING TO ENCODE THEM?

> On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:30:53 +0000 (UTC), "Lazarus"
> <whicanibe@now.com> wrote:
>
> >what os
> >what version of mp
> >what file type
> >
> >what about posting that again eh!
> >

> ><r6453@triton.net> wrote in message
> >> I've trrid everything I know....they won't play.
> >> I get a scrambled top with a green bottom.
> >> I don't think it's a codec issue because I do get visual and sound...
> >> Could it be a DLL or aspi driver issue?
> >>

> OS is XP professional
>
> I assume MP is media player...There is no rendering of clarity
> in any and all players.
>
> These are any and all vcd's and svcd's (All other formats play fine)
>
> Videocard is an ATI 9800 pro 256

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

r6453@triton.net wrote:

>I've trrid everything I know....they won't play.
>I get a scrambled top with a green bottom.
>I don't think it's a codec issue because I do get visual and sound...
>Could it be a DLL or aspi driver issue?

You need to provide more information so others can help you.
What software are you using to create the VCD?
Are you playing back the VCD on a computer or a desktop DVD player?

Regards Brian

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:49:54 +1200, Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:

>r6453@triton.net wrote:
>
>>I've trrid everything I know....they won't play.
>>I get a scrambled top with a green bottom.
>>I don't think it's a codec issue because I do get visual and sound...
>>Could it be a DLL or aspi driver issue?
>
>You need to provide more information so others can help you.
>What software are you using to create the VCD?
>Are you playing back the VCD on a computer or a desktop DVD player?
>
>Regards Brian

These are downloaded movies from any source

It doen't matter what viewer I use to play them

They're on my PC.....

OS is XP Pro...Vid card is ATI 9800 pro

playback is an MPG.dat

Also playback is garbled when burned to disc......

Frustrating............

What player are you using to play the files?