Home Made DVD jittery when played back

I've captured video from my Sony camcorder onto my HD. I used WMM to
edit, and MYDVD to burn using a Sony DVD Burner. When playing it back
on my Xbox, it sometimes becomes very jittery, and the video begins to
trail, as if it is out of sync. If I pause, or stop the playing, and
then restart it, it will usually play normally. Has anyone ever
expeirienced this? Any fixes? I did use the cheapest DVD I could find.
Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about home made jittery played back

    KizerSosey wrote:

    > I've captured video from my Sony camcorder onto my HD. I used WMM to
    > edit, and MYDVD to burn using a Sony DVD Burner. When playing it back
    > on my Xbox, it sometimes becomes very jittery, and the video begins to
    > trail, as if it is out of sync. If I pause, or stop the playing, and
    > then restart it, it will usually play normally. Has anyone ever
    > expeirienced this? Any fixes? I did use the cheapest DVD I could find.

    Read your last sentence out loud. Now think to yourself whether or not
    that might have any relevance.

    -WD

    KizerSosey wrote:
    > I've captured video from my Sony camcorder onto my HD. I used WMM to
    > edit, and MYDVD to burn using a Sony DVD Burner. When playing it back
    > on my Xbox, it sometimes becomes very jittery, and the video begins to
    > trail, as if it is out of sync. If I pause, or stop the playing, and
    > then restart it, it will usually play normally. Has anyone ever
    > expeirienced this? Any fixes? I did use the cheapest DVD I could find.
    > Thanks.

    Could be the field setting. I had a similar problem. I know in Ulead
    MFactory the field (A or B) will give a jittery pic in scenes with
    movement if set incorrectly when capturing. Change the field setting in
    your capture software and see what happens.

    GA

    --
    My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.

    There's nothing i like more than finding a love letter from
    vedivan6@hotmail.com (KizerSosey):

    >I've captured video from my Sony camcorder onto my HD. I used WMM to
    >edit, and MYDVD to burn using a Sony DVD Burner. When playing it back
    >on my Xbox, it sometimes becomes very jittery, and the video begins to
    >trail, as if it is out of sync. If I pause, or stop the playing, and
    >then restart it, it will usually play normally. Has anyone ever
    >expeirienced this? Any fixes? I did use the cheapest DVD I could find.

    The xbox can be very picky about which DVD media it plays, i've found
    that DVD-RW's are not very good generally with it the video tends to
    jump at times, but the Datasafe Yellows or Red DVD-R's work extremely
    well.

    What media did you actually use? Was it DVD-R Or DVD+R?

    Also burning at a slower speed sometimes helps playback, or reducing
    the bitrate.

    --
    Also available in white
    How's my posting?

    vedivan6@hotmail.com (KizerSosey) wrote:

    >I've captured video from my Sony camcorder onto my HD. I used WMM to
    >edit, and MYDVD to burn using a Sony DVD Burner. When playing it back
    >on my Xbox, it sometimes becomes very jittery, and the video begins to
    >trail, as if it is out of sync. If I pause, or stop the playing, and
    >then restart it, it will usually play normally. Has anyone ever
    >expeirienced this? Any fixes? I did use the cheapest DVD I could find.
    >Thanks.

    Have you tried playing a commerical DVD (one with fast action) on your
    XBox. If so do you have the same problem?
    Try playing the DVD you created on a friend's DVD player to see if
    you have the same problem.
    There could be a fault in the XBox or the Xbox is not powerful enought
    to run the video in sync.

    Regards Brian

Tuner Cards Sony Video Graphics