Home Made DVD jittery when played back

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 21, 2004 12:43:18 PM

I've captured video from my Sony camcorder onto my HD. I used WMM to
edit, and MYDVD to burn using a Sony DVD Burner. When playing it back
on my Xbox, it sometimes becomes very jittery, and the video begins to
trail, as if it is out of sync. If I pause, or stop the playing, and
then restart it, it will usually play normally. Has anyone ever
expeirienced this? Any fixes? I did use the cheapest DVD I could find.
Thanks.
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 10:44:01 PM

KizerSosey wrote:

> I've captured video from my Sony camcorder onto my HD. I used WMM to
> edit, and MYDVD to burn using a Sony DVD Burner. When playing it back
> on my Xbox, it sometimes becomes very jittery, and the video begins to
> trail, as if it is out of sync. If I pause, or stop the playing, and
> then restart it, it will usually play normally. Has anyone ever
> expeirienced this? Any fixes? I did use the cheapest DVD I could find.

Read your last sentence out loud. Now think to yourself whether or not
that might have any relevance.

-WD
Anonymous
July 22, 2004 11:20:41 AM

KizerSosey wrote:
> I've captured video from my Sony camcorder onto my HD. I used WMM to
> edit, and MYDVD to burn using a Sony DVD Burner. When playing it back
> on my Xbox, it sometimes becomes very jittery, and the video begins to
> trail, as if it is out of sync. If I pause, or stop the playing, and
> then restart it, it will usually play normally. Has anyone ever
> expeirienced this? Any fixes? I did use the cheapest DVD I could find.
> Thanks.

Could be the field setting. I had a similar problem. I know in Ulead
MFactory the field (A or B) will give a jittery pic in scenes with
movement if set incorrectly when capturing. Change the field setting in
your capture software and see what happens.

GA

--
My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.
July 22, 2004 3:17:25 PM

There's nothing i like more than finding a love letter from
vedivan6@hotmail.com (KizerSosey):

>I've captured video from my Sony camcorder onto my HD. I used WMM to
>edit, and MYDVD to burn using a Sony DVD Burner. When playing it back
>on my Xbox, it sometimes becomes very jittery, and the video begins to
>trail, as if it is out of sync. If I pause, or stop the playing, and
>then restart it, it will usually play normally. Has anyone ever
>expeirienced this? Any fixes? I did use the cheapest DVD I could find.

The xbox can be very picky about which DVD media it plays, i've found
that DVD-RW's are not very good generally with it the video tends to
jump at times, but the Datasafe Yellows or Red DVD-R's work extremely
well.

What media did you actually use? Was it DVD-R Or DVD+R?

Also burning at a slower speed sometimes helps playback, or reducing
the bitrate.

--
Also available in white
How's my posting?

vedivan6@hotmail.com (KizerSosey) wrote:

>I've captured video from my Sony camcorder onto my HD. I used WMM to
>edit, and MYDVD to burn using a Sony DVD Burner. When playing it back
>on my Xbox, it sometimes becomes very jittery, and the video begins to
>trail, as if it is out of sync. If I pause, or stop the playing, and
>then restart it, it will usually play normally. Has anyone ever
>expeirienced this? Any fixes? I did use the cheapest DVD I could find.
>Thanks.

Have you tried playing a commerical DVD (one with fast action) on your
XBox. If so do you have the same problem?
Try playing the DVD you created on a friend's DVD player to see if
you have the same problem.
There could be a fault in the XBox or the Xbox is not powerful enought
to run the video in sync.

Regards Brian
!