movie maker

August 22, 2005 10:17:02 PM

I have been unable to copy from movie maker to my cd. It starts to copy then
I get an unknown error then the copy process stops. I then saved the file to
my hard drive as a dv-avi file then burned this file. It worked but will not
play on my tv dvd player. What am I doing wrong?
--
jt

More about : movie maker

Anonymous
August 23, 2005 2:13:16 PM

If you only have a CD burner, you need to use your third party DVD burning
software to create a VCD disk, not just a standard data disk. You can also
use somethng like VCD Easy (google for it)
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"tapdogg" <tapdogg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been unable to copy from movie maker to my cd. It starts to copy
>then
> I get an unknown error then the copy process stops. I then saved the file
> my hard drive as a dv-avi file then burned this file. It worked but will
> not
> play on my tv dvd player. What am I doing wrong?
> --
> jt
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 10:08:17 PM

Even if you could use the cd burining capability of MM for this you wouldn't
be able to see it on your tv dvd player as they are HiMat format. You need
to use an authoring app. The likes of Nero or Roxio are the most common ones
people have. If you don't you could try vcdeasy, a link here
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/WebPages/UsefulProgramme...
along with a link to a get started tutorial.
You need to burn a videocd vcd, or super video cd, svcd. Use the dv-avi file
you made to import into these.
Check your player can play these at videohelp, where you type in your dvd
player and see what it can play. There is a link here
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/WebPages/UsefulSitesandL...

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media