movie maker

I have been unable to copy from movie maker to my cd. It starts to copy then
I get an unknown error then the copy process stops. I then saved the file to
my hard drive as a dv-avi file then burned this file. It worked but will not
play on my tv dvd player. What am I doing wrong?
--
jt
2 answers Last reply

    If you only have a CD burner, you need to use your third party DVD burning
    software to create a VCD disk, not just a standard data disk. You can also
    use somethng like VCD Easy (google for it)
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "tapdogg" <tapdogg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have been unable to copy from movie maker to my cd. It starts to copy
    >then
    > I get an unknown error then the copy process stops. I then saved the file
    > my hard drive as a dv-avi file then burned this file. It worked but will
    > not
    > play on my tv dvd player. What am I doing wrong?
    > --
    > jt

    Even if you could use the cd burining capability of MM for this you wouldn't
    be able to see it on your tv dvd player as they are HiMat format. You need
    to use an authoring app. The likes of Nero or Roxio are the most common ones
    people have. If you don't you could try vcdeasy, a link here
    http://www.myvideoproblems.com/WebPages/UsefulProgrammes.htm
    along with a link to a get started tutorial.
    You need to burn a videocd vcd, or super video cd, svcd. Use the dv-avi file
    you made to import into these.
    Check your player can play these at videohelp, where you type in your dvd
    player and see what it can play. There is a link here
    http://www.myvideoproblems.com/WebPages/UsefulSitesandLinks.htm

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "tapdogg" <tapdogg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have been unable to copy from movie maker to my cd. It starts to copy
    >then
    > I get an unknown error then the copy process stops. I then saved the file
    > my hard drive as a dv-avi file then burned this file. It worked but will
    > not
    > play on my tv dvd player. What am I doing wrong?
    > --
    > jt

Video Movie Maker Windows XP