Windows Media player won't open video from E-mails

Rec'd a video by e-mail. Windows Media player will not play it. Get no sound
or video. Only get media player screen when I open e-mail attachment

Tell whoever sent it to you it's broken and
to re encode it into something that can be viewed
by people other than himself.

He has encoded it with a CODEC you do not have,
it's his/her fault, not yours.

"Mike & Annette Hluza" <mlhluza@ev1.net> wrote in message
> Rec'd a video by e-mail. Windows Media player will not play it. Get no
sound
> or video. Only get media player screen when I open e-mail attachment

I had similar problem....researched and found out that another product that
was installed on my machine was causing the problem by claiming some software
files that WMP needed. I recently had installed Arcsoft's Video Impression.
I uninstalled it and then WMP worked like a charm instantly.

"Mike & Annette Hluza" wrote:

> Rec'd a video by e-mail. Windows Media player will not play it. Get no sound
> or video. Only get media player screen when I open e-mail attachment

I would ask whoever sent it to you for details on the movie, as in which
codec they used, or which app, what file type it is etc. Then if you can't
figure out how to pay it, come back to us with those details, for more help

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

Mike & Annette Hluza Wrote:
> Rec'd a video by e-mail. Windows Media player will not play it. Get no
> sound
> or video. Only get media player screen when I open e-mail attachment

Try downloading the video onto your hard drive and try open it with
another player. I know two players that can play almost any videos I
throw in it. Give it a try.

http://www.videolan.org/
http://www.bsplayer.org/

good luck