Good CS:Souce server?

Does anyone know of a good server for CS:Source that rotates maps (none of
those 24/7 things) and does automatic team rebalancing?

JH proclaimed...

> Sorry, western US

I can't quite see the problem JH. Just open steam game browser and use
the filters to narrow the ping as low as possible. The just select a
server which doesn't have 24/7 or ONLY in the name.

I'd recommend to you some of mine but I'm in the UK.

--
"Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

www.stri.tk

Stri wrote:
> JH proclaimed...
>
>> Sorry, western US
>
> I can't quite see the problem JH. Just open steam game browser and use
> the filters to narrow the ping as low as possible. The just select a
> server which doesn't have 24/7 or ONLY in the name.
>
> I'd recommend to you some of mine but I'm in the UK.

I'm looking for ones that also do team balancing, in my experience, it
doesn't seem like many do. I just really don't like it when one team ends
up constantly beating the other. It doesn't matter if it's my team or not,
what's the fun if the game ends in 30 seconds and the other side has no hope
of winning?

From the looks of things, it seems that servers don't advertise team
balancing in their names (at least I haven't seen any) and it would also
seem that some servers turn it on or off depending on the day or whatever.
So it looks like this was a stupid question to ask, sorry about that.

JH proclaimed...

> I'm looking for ones that also do team balancing, in my experience, it
> doesn't seem like many do. I just really don't like it when one team ends
> up constantly beating the other. It doesn't matter if it's my team or not,
> what's the fun if the game ends in 30 seconds and the other side has no hope
> of winning?

I understand your concerns. I can only advise bookmarking servers you've
enjoyed playing in so you can come back to them. I know this sounds
obvious but without being able to direct you to any specific servers
it's quite difficult.

> From the looks of things, it seems that servers don't advertise team
> balancing in their names (at least I haven't seen any) and it would also
> seem that some servers turn it on or off depending on the day or whatever.
> So it looks like this was a stupid question to ask, sorry about that.

Nah, they don't advertise team balancing really. Like I say, just play
one some servers and save to your favourites the ones you like.

It's not a stupid question, just a very difficult one to answer.

Good luck and welcome to AGHL too :)

--

Stri wrote:

> Good luck and welcome to AGHL too :)

Thanks, I've been lurking here a while, I rarely have anything to say though

jethro

Distinguished
May 5, 2004

JH wrote:
> Does anyone know of a good server for CS:Source that rotates maps (none of
> those 24/7 things) and does automatic team rebalancing?

Did you get a trial copy of All Seeing Eye for finding servers. It lets
you use a lot of variable for searching and filtering your server list.

--
Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com

JH proclaimed...

> Thanks, I've been lurking here a while, I rarely have anything to say though

Ah, very much like then ;p

--
"Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

www.stri.tk

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"JH" <jwhams@comcast.net> wrote in message news:z_adndAzTZEFdGbfRVn-oA@comcast.com...
> Stri wrote:
>>
>> Good luck and welcome to AGHL too :)
>
> Thanks, I've been lurking here a while, I rarely have anything to say though

Well, say it anyway... ;o)

Try Timmy's Home 1. I go there most of the time when I play CS:S