DVD not recognising disk

I have a problem with both my DVD writer and my CD ROM. When I insert a
copy protected DVD neither drive will recognise that there is a disk
inserted. It tells me there is no disk in the drive. This happens every
time. I can play older dvds and music disks, data disks, everything but
not pre-recorded DVDs. I have downloaded new drivers for both and have
tried uninstalling any copying programs that I had on the C drive but
it is still happening. Any ideas how I can overcome this?
Sadie

--
sadie1956
1 answer Last reply

    What DVD decoding software do you have on your PC?
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "sadie1956" <sadie1956.1u7t1o@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > I have a problem with both my DVD writer and my CD ROM. When I insert a
    > copy protected DVD neither drive will recognise that there is a disk
    > inserted. It tells me there is no disk in the drive. This happens every
    > time. I can play older dvds and music disks, data disks, everything but
    > not pre-recorded DVDs. I have downloaded new drivers for both and have
    > tried uninstalling any copying programs that I had on the C drive but
    > it is still happening. Any ideas how I can overcome this?
    > Sadie
    >

    > --
    > sadie1956

Video DVD Windows XP