Royalty free video clips

Anyone know of any sites that have royalty free video clips that can be used
with homemade movies? I'm looking for an intro video with something like
the old Saturday Night At The Movies kind of marquee. OK, I've dated myself
but you get the idea.
8 answers Last reply
More about royalty free video clips

    Type Royalty free video clips into GOOGLE!

    Jackie

    Kent McPherson wrote:
    > Anyone know of any sites that have royalty free video clips that can be used
    > with homemade movies? I'm looking for an intro video with something like
    > the old Saturday Night At The Movies kind of marquee. OK, I've dated myself
    > but you get the idea.

    I did that prior to posting here. There are many links to royalty free clips
    but they're not free. I'm looking for clips I can use that are royalty free
    that are free to download.

    "Kent McPherson" <bigk@kentmcpherson.com> wrote in message
    > I did that prior to posting here. There are many links to royalty free
    clips
    > but they're not free. I'm looking for clips I can use that are royalty
    free
    > that are free to download.

    I get it now, you don't want to pay anything for other people's work.

    Is that because nobody pays you for your work, or just because you are
    cheap?

    David

    As a matter of fact, I'm not cheap. I just looking for a few short slips I
    can use as intro material. If I had created some of my own, I'd be more
    than happy to share them with the group. Thanks so much for your meaningful
    response.

    "david.mccall" <david.mccallUNDERLINE@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > "Kent McPherson" <bigk@kentmcpherson.com> wrote in message
    > > I did that prior to posting here. There are many links to royalty free
    > clips
    > > but they're not free. I'm looking for clips I can use that are royalty
    > free
    > > that are free to download.
    > >
    > I get it now, you don't want to pay anything for other people's work.
    >
    > Is that because nobody pays you for your work, or just because you are
    > cheap?
    >
    > David

    "david.mccall" <david.mccallUNDERLINE@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<is8Mc.147305$%_6.145887@attbi_s01>...

    > "Kent McPherson" <bigk@kentmcpherson.com> wrote in message

    > > I did that prior to posting here. There are many links to royalty free
    > clips
    > > but they're not free. I'm looking for clips I can use that are royalty
    > free
    > > that are free to download.
    > >
    > I get it now, you don't want to pay anything for other people's work.
    >
    > Is that because nobody pays you for your work, or just because you are
    > cheap?

    gee, you're cool..

    You must be one of those real live professionals

    How lucky we are to have you hear to make condescending responses!

    STRATEGY

    > David

    "Kent McPherson" <bigk@kentmcpherson.com> wrote in message
    > I did that prior to posting here. There are many links to royalty free
    clips
    > but they're not free. I'm looking for clips I can use that are royalty
    free
    > that are free to download.

    You're not going to find much, then.

    If you're serious about doing this, even as a hobby, then be ready to fork
    over a few bucks, or to do your homework for LONG hours on your computer.
    Did you go through EVERY page in a Google search for "royalty free video"? I
    put in that phrase (quoted), and got over 9,000 pages.

    I read the response from David, and what you said to him - but you need to
    realize that what you're basically doing is asking someone else to do your
    work for you, at no charge.

    Think about what you're asking:

    In one case, you're asking for video clips for free that can be used without
    any royalty payment: That means that somebody shot, captured, encoded,
    edited, and uploaded the clip, all of which takes time and expensive
    equipment, and they are now hosting it on a server that they are paying for,
    and you want them to give it to you for free.

    There may be a handful of hobbyists out there with a few clips on their
    websites they're willing to share. But you're going to have to search for
    them.

    In the second case, you are asking for those of us here to find these clips
    for you. While I can understand that you may be interested in knowing if
    anyone knows of anything offhand (I certainly don't), you need to understand
    that you can't expect anything more than that. As I said, there are over
    9,000 pages that come up when I Google the phrase "Royalty free video".

    Do you know how to use the "exact phrase" search feature on Google? I found
    what you're looking for rather quickly that way.

    > Anyone know of any sites that have royalty free video clips that can be
    used
    > with homemade movies? I'm looking for an intro video with something like
    > the old Saturday Night At The Movies kind of marquee. OK, I've dated
    myself
    > but you get the idea.

    Yes, I have them at my website:

    http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html

    There also are a few royalty free (original) MP3s for download.

    I'm putting together a multimedia CD with original background songs and
    video textures that I plan to sell (very inexpensively). So, I'll be using
    these as samples. I've had a number of e-mails from folks that have used
    and liked them.

    Anyway, stay tuned, since I'll be posting the info on the web page at a
    later (possible another couple of weeks - trying to come up with over 100
    original instrumentals takes a bit of time - already have 91 done).

    Hope you like the sample!

    Hal Lowe
    http://hals.vstoremarket.com (HaloweGraphics SuperStore)
    http://www.halowe-graphics.com/tinc?key=0TmhZVQ5&formname=web_email
    http://www.halowe-graphics.com/music.html (free original MP3 background
    audios)
    http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html (free original video textures)

    Kent McPherson wrote:

    > Anyone know of any sites that have royalty free video clips that can
    > be used with homemade movies? I'm looking for an intro video with
    > something like the old Saturday Night At The Movies kind of marquee.
    > OK, I've dated myself but you get the idea.

    should have something here...

    http://www.archive.org/movies/prelinger.php

Tuner Cards Movies Desktops Video Graphics