Problem with some downloaded moves

August 25, 2005 10:37:45 AM

I have a very annoying problem. Withe some downloaded movies, usually AVI
movies, the computer momentarily crashes the explorer, and then reloads in
about 10 seconds when I open the folder where they are located.It takes
about 5 seconds for the crash to occure It only happens if i actually touch
the file with the pointer or click on it once not opening the file but just
clicking on it once. The error messige that I get just before the crash is
"The exception Integer division by zero" occures and when I say OK the
explorer crashes momentarily and then reloads all the Icons in the tray and
bottom right corner, its wierd and only happens on certain downloaded
movies. This is very annoying. Please help

Niles

There is a solution!"

http://www.giantcompany.com
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 4:31:42 PM

Does this happen with ALL AVI files?
http://www.globetechnology.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.2004...

If the files in question have never played correctly, I'd definitely go with
the corrupted probability.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"nilesnormore" <nilesnormore@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:o m2OwDWqFHA.3160@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

> I have a very annoying problem. Withe some downloaded movies, usually AVI
> movies, the computer momentarily crashes the explorer, and then reloads in
> about 10 seconds when I open the folder where they are located.It takes
> about 5 seconds for the crash to occure It only happens if i actually
> touch the file with the pointer or click on it once not opening the file
> but just clicking on it once. The error messige that I get just before the
> crash is "The exception Integer division by zero" occures and when I say
> OK the explorer crashes momentarily and then reloads all the Icons in the
> tray and bottom right corner, its wierd and only happens on certain
> downloaded movies. This is very annoying. Please help
>
> Niles

> "Are you still wasting your time with spam?...
> There is a solution!"
>
> Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector
> The most powerful anti-spam software available.
> http://www.giantcompany.com

Anonymous
August 29, 2005 6:57:21 PM

The files are usually the ones I download with bitlord torrent downloader so
I don't know if that is the cause or if it's something elce

Also I tried two programs that are supposed to help me identify certain
codec problems, I tried "G-spot" and the other one is "Sherlock", which said
Divx for Blizard Decoder filter is broken. Gspot says I have multiple
codects for the same file both divx and xvid

There is a solution!"

http://www.giantcompany.com

> Does this happen with ALL AVI files?
> http://www.globetechnology.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.2004...
>
> If the files in question have never played correctly, I'd definitely go
> with the corrupted probability.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "nilesnormore" <nilesnormore@rogers.com> wrote in message
> news:o m2OwDWqFHA.3160@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>>
>> I have a very annoying problem. Withe some downloaded movies, usually AVI
>> movies, the computer momentarily crashes the explorer, and then reloads
>> in about 10 seconds when I open the folder where they are located.It
>> takes about 5 seconds for the crash to occure It only happens if i
>> actually touch the file with the pointer or click on it once not opening
>> the file but just clicking on it once. The error messige that I get just
>> before the crash is "The exception Integer division by zero" occures and
>> when I say OK the explorer crashes momentarily and then reloads all the
>> Icons in the tray and bottom right corner, its wierd and only happens on
>> certain downloaded movies. This is very annoying. Please help
>>
>> Niles
>> --

>> "Are you still wasting your time with spam?...
>> There is a solution!"
>>
>> Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector
>> The most powerful anti-spam software available.
>> http://www.giantcompany.com

Anonymous
August 31, 2005 2:17:06 AM

Sounds like you need to re-find and re-install the Blizard Decoder.... Try
uninstalling it first and seeing what happens without it.
--

!