Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Video skip

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 6:06:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

I captured a video from my camcorder with the "high quality video (large)"
setting in Windows Movie Maker. I saw the resulting .wmv file in Windows
Media Player, the video was fine and fluid. Then I built my movie in Movie
Maker and saved it to my computer with the "high quality video (large)"
setting. I played the resulting .wmv file in Windows Media Player and the
video was skipping once in a while, the audio
was fine.
Can you help ?

More about : video skip

Anonymous
August 26, 2005 10:09:27 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

When you saved the file in WMM, did you walk away from the PC, stop all
extra programs from running and just leave the program until it had
finished? You don't want to be surfing, answering email, playing music etc
etc.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging



"Jacques" <Jacques@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:BD424E7A-D81F-466A-A425-0C43D352CC7C@microsoft.com...
>I captured a video from my camcorder with the "high quality video (large)"
> setting in Windows Movie Maker. I saw the resulting .wmv file in Windows
> Media Player, the video was fine and fluid. Then I built my movie in Movie
> Maker and saved it to my computer with the "high quality video (large)"
> setting. I played the resulting .wmv file in Windows Media Player and the
> video was skipping once in a while, the audio
> was fine.
> Can you help ?
>
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 6:41:33 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

I've done a page which includes Cari's suggeestions and a few others here
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutorials/OptimiseMyPcFo...

Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
www.dvds2treasure.com
www.simplydv.com


"Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
news:uPAKm9jqFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> When you saved the file in WMM, did you walk away from the PC, stop all
> extra programs from running and just leave the program until it had
> finished? You don't want to be surfing, answering email, playing music
> etc etc.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>
>
>
> "Jacques" <Jacques@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:BD424E7A-D81F-466A-A425-0C43D352CC7C@microsoft.com...
>>I captured a video from my camcorder with the "high quality video (large)"
>> setting in Windows Movie Maker. I saw the resulting .wmv file in Windows
>> Media Player, the video was fine and fluid. Then I built my movie in
>> Movie
>> Maker and saved it to my computer with the "high quality video (large)"
>> setting. I played the resulting .wmv file in Windows Media Player and the
>> video was skipping once in a while, the audio
>> was fine.
>> Can you help ?
>>
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 1:27:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

I followed the advices of your web page.
My CPU is 2.4 GHz
I did a defrag, just before the capture.
I closed all programs with Enditall.
The only thing I couldn't improve was the hard disk of my notebook has 5 400
RPM.
But the capture produced a fine .wmv file.
It's after I add the clips to the timeline and save the movie to computer
that the video is not as fluid as the captured video.
I added the captured .wmv file into MyDVD software, then I edited the movie
there (with scene detection) and saved the movie as an MPEG file and the same
problem happened !
Jacques

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> I've done a page which includes Cari's suggeestions and a few others here
> http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutorials/OptimiseMyPcFo...
>
> Graham
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
> news:uPAKm9jqFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> > When you saved the file in WMM, did you walk away from the PC, stop all
> > extra programs from running and just leave the program until it had
> > finished? You don't want to be surfing, answering email, playing music
> > etc etc.
> > --
> > Cari (MS-MVP)
> > Printing & Imaging
> >
> >
> >
> > "Jacques" <Jacques@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:BD424E7A-D81F-466A-A425-0C43D352CC7C@microsoft.com...
> >>I captured a video from my camcorder with the "high quality video (large)"
> >> setting in Windows Movie Maker. I saw the resulting .wmv file in Windows
> >> Media Player, the video was fine and fluid. Then I built my movie in
> >> Movie
> >> Maker and saved it to my computer with the "high quality video (large)"
> >> setting. I played the resulting .wmv file in Windows Media Player and the
> >> video was skipping once in a while, the audio
> >> was fine.
> >> Can you help ?
> >>
> >
> >
>
>
>
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 1:44:57 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Capturing as a dv-avi will give the best results, as this is the same
quality as the cam records in.
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutorials/MovieMaker/How...
Movie maker will show a preview quality in it's monitor window, which is
never as good as the video actually is.
Once finished editing again save as a dv-avi file, more instructions on the
above site if you need them.
When you make the dvd you have to compress the dv-avi to an mpeg2 file using
the dvd authoring software. This compresses the video quite a bit 9about
1/3), and there are so many variables it then gets hard to find the one
which is causing trouble.
The bitrate set, max about 8,000kbps, std no less than 1,000 less than the
max. If using vbr. If you use cbr then this may lead to movement being
blocky.
The make of disc, dvd authoring app, player all make a
difference............

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
www.dvds2treasure.com
www.simplydv.com


"Jacques" <Jacques@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B356E48D-3083-4CBB-AA96-5A659342AD5E@microsoft.com...
>I followed the advices of your web page.
> My CPU is 2.4 GHz
> I did a defrag, just before the capture.
> I closed all programs with Enditall.
> The only thing I couldn't improve was the hard disk of my notebook has 5
> 400
> RPM.
> But the capture produced a fine .wmv file.
> It's after I add the clips to the timeline and save the movie to computer
> that the video is not as fluid as the captured video.
> I added the captured .wmv file into MyDVD software, then I edited the
> movie
> there (with scene detection) and saved the movie as an MPEG file and the
> same
> problem happened !
> Jacques
>
> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
>> I've done a page which includes Cari's suggeestions and a few others here
>> http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutorials/OptimiseMyPcFo...
>>
>> Graham
>>
>> --
>> Graham Hughes
>> MVP Digital Media
>> www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
>> www.dvds2treasure.com
>> www.simplydv.com
>>
>>
>> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
>> news:uPAKm9jqFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> > When you saved the file in WMM, did you walk away from the PC, stop all
>> > extra programs from running and just leave the program until it had
>> > finished? You don't want to be surfing, answering email, playing music
>> > etc etc.
>> > --
>> > Cari (MS-MVP)
>> > Printing & Imaging
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > "Jacques" <Jacques@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > news:BD424E7A-D81F-466A-A425-0C43D352CC7C@microsoft.com...
>> >>I captured a video from my camcorder with the "high quality video
>> >>(large)"
>> >> setting in Windows Movie Maker. I saw the resulting .wmv file in
>> >> Windows
>> >> Media Player, the video was fine and fluid. Then I built my movie in
>> >> Movie
>> >> Maker and saved it to my computer with the "high quality video
>> >> (large)"
>> >> setting. I played the resulting .wmv file in Windows Media Player and
>> >> the
>> >> video was skipping once in a while, the audio
>> >> was fine.
>> >> Can you help ?
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>>
!