Free DVD Scene Ripper?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 23, 2004 11:40:36 AM

Hi All,

I want to rip some scenes to avi or mpeg, just a few minutes, from a DVD
that a friend sent me. It is not a commercial DVD, but some converted
8 mm film stuff. I tried some demos and shareware like DVDripper, Super
DVD, Amigo and some other "demos" but they all restrict you in some way
and do not complete the job (in my case about 10 minutes of video)
before timing out.

Tried DVD_encrypt and it worked but gave me vob files which I'm not sure
how to convert to avi or mpeg.

Any free software out there? I know commercial programs can handle it
but this is a one time deal and I wouldn't use it after this. Thanks
for any help.

George

More about : free dvd scene ripper

Anonymous
July 23, 2004 6:35:26 PM

"George" <steber@execpc.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I want to rip some scenes to avi or mpeg, just a few minutes, from a DVD
> that a friend sent me. It is not a commercial DVD, but some converted
> 8 mm film stuff. I tried some demos and shareware like DVDripper, Super
> DVD, Amigo and some other "demos" but they all restrict you in some way
> and do not complete the job (in my case about 10 minutes of video)
> before timing out.
>
> Tried DVD_encrypt and it worked but gave me vob files which I'm not sure
> how to convert to avi or mpeg.
>
> Any free software out there? I know commercial programs can handle it
> but this is a one time deal and I wouldn't use it after this. Thanks
> for any help.
>
> George

When TMPGEnc DVD Author inputs with the "Add DVD
video" button, and you have checked the "Copy the clip to the
HDD" box, the chapters on the DVD are extracted as MPEG
files to your hard drive. Just note where these files are stored,
add exit the author program without making the new DVD.
www.pegasys-inc.com

Luck;
Ken
Anonymous
July 23, 2004 10:21:04 PM

"George" <steber@execpc.com> wrote in message

> Tried DVD_encrypt and it worked but gave me vob files which I'm not sure
> how to convert to avi or mpeg.

I just rename the vob extention to mpg and they play fine. (I play using
media player classic (or vlc player) which plays most formats fine)
!