MovieMaker 2.1, Capture Card: ASUS TV7133 Video Capture Ca..

Using a JVC S-VHS VCR HR-S4800U for S-VHS input from tape, with S cable to
the input device for card, I get no sound on preview and no sound on
captured video.

If I run a standard L - R audio out cable from the VCR and leave the S Cable
plugged in I get audio in the preview...which does not copy to the captured
video.

I tried running a video cable from the VCR with the L - R audio out cables
but I didn't
get a picture until I plugged in the S-VHS cable, too. Still no sound on the
capture.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...I can't make Pinnacle 9 work either.

--
Sharon
2 answers Last reply

    I'm not an expert, but as I understand it, most capture cards will only
    work(satisfactorily) with the software that came with them. For
    example, I have a Pinnacle capture card which works fine with
    PinnacleStudio9, but won't capture using Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.5
    even though the card is recognized by that software.

    Ken

    Sharon wrote:
    > Using a JVC S-VHS VCR HR-S4800U for S-VHS input from tape, with S cable to
    > the input device for card, I get no sound on preview and no sound on
    > captured video.
    >
    > If I run a standard L - R audio out cable from the VCR and leave the S Cable
    > plugged in I get audio in the preview...which does not copy to the captured
    > video.
    >
    > I tried running a video cable from the VCR with the L - R audio out cables
    > but I didn't
    > get a picture until I plugged in the S-VHS cable, too. Still no sound on the
    > capture.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be appreciated...I can't make Pinnacle 9 work either.

    i'm not an expert either!
    --
    i love films XX

    "Kenneth J. Harris" wrote:

    > I'm not an expert, but as I understand it, most capture cards will only
    > work(satisfactorily) with the software that came with them. For
    > example, I have a Pinnacle capture card which works fine with
    > PinnacleStudio9, but won't capture using Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.5
    > even though the card is recognized by that software.
    >
    > Ken
    >
    > Sharon wrote:
    > > Using a JVC S-VHS VCR HR-S4800U for S-VHS input from tape, with S cable to
    > > the input device for card, I get no sound on preview and no sound on
    > > captured video.
    > >
    > > If I run a standard L - R audio out cable from the VCR and leave the S Cable
    > > plugged in I get audio in the preview...which does not copy to the captured
    > > video.
    > >
    > > I tried running a video cable from the VCR with the L - R audio out cables
    > > but I didn't
    > > get a picture until I plugged in the S-VHS cable, too. Still no sound on the
    > > capture.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions would be appreciated...I can't make Pinnacle 9 work either.

Video Cable Windows XP