Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Jumpy video

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 10:11:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

I captured from my camcorder a 20 seconds video with the setting "high
quality video (NTSC)" into Windows Movie Maker. I viewed the video in Windows
Media Player, it was fine and fluid. Then I added the 2 clips in the
timeline, with no transition, and saved the movie with the setting high
quality video. Then in Windows Media Player, the video is jumpy.
To see what I'm talking about, I transfered the 2 videos (of Melbourne) on
the web.

Can you view them (see below)and tell me if it's normal or not that the
video is jumpy like that after being edited in Movie Maker ?

If it's not normal, it would be great if you would know why and how to
correct this problem.
My videos will expire on august 31 at midnight.
Click on http://frenchmiami.neptune.com/ then click on "my video album".
Then click on "testntsc" and click on "full screen" to see the captured
video, which is fine.
Then click on movientsc and "full screen" to see the saved video, which is
jumpy.

More about : jumpy video

Anonymous
August 29, 2005 4:31:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

I was intrigued by the way this link opened Window MovieMaker, but both the
vidoes played a black screen for me. There was a progress bar which moved
as if they were playing but that was all. (There may have been sound , but
my speaker is turned off so as not to annoy the wife.)

--
Cheers,
Trevor L.
Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au

Jacques wrote:
> I captured from my camcorder a 20 seconds video with the setting "high
> quality video (NTSC)" into Windows Movie Maker. I viewed the video in
> Windows Media Player, it was fine and fluid. Then I added the 2 clips
> in the timeline, with no transition, and saved the movie with the
> setting high quality video. Then in Windows Media Player, the video
> is jumpy.
> To see what I'm talking about, I transfered the 2 videos (of
> Melbourne) on the web.
>
> Can you view them (see below)and tell me if it's normal or not that
> the video is jumpy like that after being edited in Movie Maker ?
>
> If it's not normal, it would be great if you would know why and how to
> correct this problem.
> My videos will expire on august 31 at midnight.
> Click on http://frenchmiami.neptune.com/ then click on "my video
> album". Then click on "testntsc" and click on "full screen" to see
> the captured video, which is fine.
> Then click on movientsc and "full screen" to see the saved video,
> which is jumpy.
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 4:31:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Normally, it should not open Window MovieMaker. I had to wait maybe 2 minutes
the progress bar to finish before seeing the video.
Jacques

"Trevor L." wrote:

> I was intrigued by the way this link opened Window MovieMaker, but both the
> vidoes played a black screen for me. There was a progress bar which moved
> as if they were playing but that was all. (There may have been sound , but
> my speaker is turned off so as not to annoy the wife.)
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Trevor L.
> Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au
>
> Jacques wrote:
> > I captured from my camcorder a 20 seconds video with the setting "high
> > quality video (NTSC)" into Windows Movie Maker. I viewed the video in
> > Windows Media Player, it was fine and fluid. Then I added the 2 clips
> > in the timeline, with no transition, and saved the movie with the
> > setting high quality video. Then in Windows Media Player, the video
> > is jumpy.
> > To see what I'm talking about, I transfered the 2 videos (of
> > Melbourne) on the web.
> >
> > Can you view them (see below)and tell me if it's normal or not that
> > the video is jumpy like that after being edited in Movie Maker ?
> >
> > If it's not normal, it would be great if you would know why and how to
> > correct this problem.
> > My videos will expire on august 31 at midnight.
> > Click on http://frenchmiami.neptune.com/ then click on "my video
> > album". Then click on "testntsc" and click on "full screen" to see
> > the captured video, which is fine.
> > Then click on movientsc and "full screen" to see the saved video,
> > which is jumpy.
>
>
>
Related resources
August 29, 2005 7:00:32 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

the problem i'd lies in the fact that you recorded it in NTSC but the
video on that website is in PAL (going by the physical dimensions of the
movie.
you do get this jumpiness when converting from one standard to the
other, due the the fact that frames have to be added or dropped
defending which way you are going

Trevor L. wrote:
> I was intrigued by the way this link opened Window MovieMaker, but both the
> vidoes played a black screen for me. There was a progress bar which moved
> as if they were playing but that was all. (There may have been sound , but
> my speaker is turned off so as not to annoy the wife.)
>
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 7:00:33 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

I did the same test when I captured in "high quality video (large)" and
saved the movie in the same format. And also when I captured in AVI and saved
in AVI, The same problem occured in both cases. I tested it. Can anyone tell
me if it's normal to see a jumpy video or not ?

"Darkknight" wrote:

> the problem i'd lies in the fact that you recorded it in NTSC but the
> video on that website is in PAL (going by the physical dimensions of the
> movie.
> you do get this jumpiness when converting from one standard to the
> other, due the the fact that frames have to be added or dropped
> defending which way you are going
>
> Trevor L. wrote:
> > I was intrigued by the way this link opened Window MovieMaker, but both the
> > vidoes played a black screen for me. There was a progress bar which moved
> > as if they were playing but that was all. (There may have been sound , but
> > my speaker is turned off so as not to annoy the wife.)
> >
>
!