Jumpy video

I captured from my camcorder a 20 seconds video with the setting "high
quality video (NTSC)" into Windows Movie Maker. I viewed the video in Windows
Media Player, it was fine and fluid. Then I added the 2 clips in the
timeline, with no transition, and saved the movie with the setting high
quality video. Then in Windows Media Player, the video is jumpy.
To see what I'm talking about, I transfered the 2 videos (of Melbourne) on
the web.

Can you view them (see below)and tell me if it's normal or not that the
video is jumpy like that after being edited in Movie Maker ?

If it's not normal, it would be great if you would know why and how to
correct this problem.
My videos will expire on august 31 at midnight.
Click on http://frenchmiami.neptune.com/ then click on "my video album".
Then click on "testntsc" and click on "full screen" to see the captured
video, which is fine.
Then click on movientsc and "full screen" to see the saved video, which is
jumpy.
4 answers Last reply
More about jumpy video

    I was intrigued by the way this link opened Window MovieMaker, but both the
    vidoes played a black screen for me. There was a progress bar which moved
    as if they were playing but that was all. (There may have been sound , but
    my speaker is turned off so as not to annoy the wife.)

    --
    Cheers,
    Trevor L.

    Jacques wrote:
    > I captured from my camcorder a 20 seconds video with the setting "high
    > quality video (NTSC)" into Windows Movie Maker. I viewed the video in
    > Windows Media Player, it was fine and fluid. Then I added the 2 clips
    > in the timeline, with no transition, and saved the movie with the
    > setting high quality video. Then in Windows Media Player, the video
    > is jumpy.
    > To see what I'm talking about, I transfered the 2 videos (of
    > Melbourne) on the web.
    >
    > Can you view them (see below)and tell me if it's normal or not that
    > the video is jumpy like that after being edited in Movie Maker ?
    >
    > If it's not normal, it would be great if you would know why and how to
    > correct this problem.
    > My videos will expire on august 31 at midnight.
    > Click on http://frenchmiami.neptune.com/ then click on "my video
    > album". Then click on "testntsc" and click on "full screen" to see
    > the captured video, which is fine.
    > Then click on movientsc and "full screen" to see the saved video,
    > which is jumpy.

    Normally, it should not open Window MovieMaker. I had to wait maybe 2 minutes
    the progress bar to finish before seeing the video.
    Jacques

    "Trevor L." wrote:

    > I was intrigued by the way this link opened Window MovieMaker, but both the
    > vidoes played a black screen for me. There was a progress bar which moved
    > as if they were playing but that was all. (There may have been sound , but
    > my speaker is turned off so as not to annoy the wife.)
    >
    > --
    > Cheers,
    > Trevor L.
    > Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au
    >
    > Jacques wrote:
    > > I captured from my camcorder a 20 seconds video with the setting "high
    > > quality video (NTSC)" into Windows Movie Maker. I viewed the video in
    > > Windows Media Player, it was fine and fluid. Then I added the 2 clips
    > > in the timeline, with no transition, and saved the movie with the
    > > setting high quality video. Then in Windows Media Player, the video
    > > is jumpy.
    > > To see what I'm talking about, I transfered the 2 videos (of
    > > Melbourne) on the web.
    > >
    > > Can you view them (see below)and tell me if it's normal or not that
    > > the video is jumpy like that after being edited in Movie Maker ?
    > >
    > > If it's not normal, it would be great if you would know why and how to
    > > correct this problem.
    > > My videos will expire on august 31 at midnight.
    > > Click on http://frenchmiami.neptune.com/ then click on "my video
    > > album". Then click on "testntsc" and click on "full screen" to see
    > > the captured video, which is fine.
    > > Then click on movientsc and "full screen" to see the saved video,
    > > which is jumpy.

    the problem i'd lies in the fact that you recorded it in NTSC but the
    video on that website is in PAL (going by the physical dimensions of the
    movie.
    you do get this jumpiness when converting from one standard to the
    other, due the the fact that frames have to be added or dropped
    defending which way you are going

    Trevor L. wrote:
    > I was intrigued by the way this link opened Window MovieMaker, but both the
    > vidoes played a black screen for me. There was a progress bar which moved
    > as if they were playing but that was all. (There may have been sound , but
    > my speaker is turned off so as not to annoy the wife.)

    I did the same test when I captured in "high quality video (large)" and
    saved the movie in the same format. And also when I captured in AVI and saved
    in AVI, The same problem occured in both cases. I tested it. Can anyone tell
    me if it's normal to see a jumpy video or not ?

    "Darkknight" wrote:

    > the problem i'd lies in the fact that you recorded it in NTSC but the
    > video on that website is in PAL (going by the physical dimensions of the
    > movie.
    > you do get this jumpiness when converting from one standard to the
    > other, due the the fact that frames have to be added or dropped
    > defending which way you are going
    >
    > Trevor L. wrote:
    > > I was intrigued by the way this link opened Window MovieMaker, but both the
    > > vidoes played a black screen for me. There was a progress bar which moved
    > > as if they were playing but that was all. (There may have been sound , but
    > > my speaker is turned off so as not to annoy the wife.)

Video Windows Movie Maker Media Player Windows XP