Copying DVD to DVD-R removing region code.

My friend has an old japanese (1st generation) DVD that came in CD case.
It's now an out of print item. I'd like to make a DVDR copy of it. When I did
the copy using SmartRipper, my DVDR came with region code restriction just like
the original DVD was. It's not a big deal, but I don't want to be changing
Player's region code every time I put this DVDR in. So the question is what
do I have to do to remove region code restriction. The funny thing is that
my computer DVD ROM can read it with SmartRipper, but wouldn't play it due
to region code mismatch (I haven't hacked my DVD ROM drives).

Thanks...

--Leonid
3 answers Last reply
More about copying removing region code

    I think DVD decrypter is the best ripping program, and I think the default of
    this program automatically removes all region and macrovision. It is free.
    http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

    SimMike- <simmike@comcast.net> wrote:
    : I think DVD decrypter is the best ripping program, and I think the default of
    : this program automatically removes all region and macrovision. It is free.
    : http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

    SmartRipper also has an option to make region free. This option is checked. Yet
    I have it with region encoded.

    --Leonid

    Try DVD Shrink then.

    > SimMike- <simmike@comcast.net> wrote:
    > : I think DVD decrypter is the best ripping program, and I think the
    default of
    > : this program automatically removes all region and macrovision. It is
    free.
    > : http://www.dvddecrypter.com/
    >
    > SmartRipper also has an option to make region free. This option is
    checked. Yet
    > I have it with region encoded.
    >
    > --Leonid

Tuner Cards DVD DVD Writers Graphics