Video Camera not recognized

I have a Canon ZR30MC digital video camera that for some reason is not
recognized by Windows XP HE SP2. I have also downloaded the patch
from the Windows Support site, but to no avail. Have tried to hook up
the camera to three different computers (all running XP HE or PE) to no
avail. The camera provides the "DV IN" message on the screen, but the
computer simply doesn't recognize its existence. Have tried to
eliminate the Windows Firewall from the 1394 port. The 1394 port on
this computer is built into the mobo (Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe) so there is
no firewire card. The device manager indicates everything is fine as
well. Any help appreciated in trying to get this computer to recognize
the video camera. Thanks.

DGD

Try all the suggestions here first, and if no joy, report back with the
results.
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/ProblemPages/CannotCapture.htm

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"DGD" <ddubowski@rogers.com> wrote in message
>I have a Canon ZR30MC digital video camera that for some reason is not
> recognized by Windows XP HE SP2. I have also downloaded the patch
> from the Windows Support site, but to no avail. Have tried to hook up
> the camera to three different computers (all running XP HE or PE) to no
> avail. The camera provides the "DV IN" message on the screen, but the
> computer simply doesn't recognize its existence. Have tried to
> eliminate the Windows Firewall from the 1394 port. The 1394 port on
> this computer is built into the mobo (Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe) so there is
> no firewire card. The device manager indicates everything is fine as
> well. Any help appreciated in trying to get this computer to recognize
> the video camera. Thanks.
>
> DGD

Have tried most of the tips provided. Since my firewire port is part
of the mobo, there is no PCI card to move to resolve possible IRQ
conflicts. Have tried 2 different firewire cables. Both indicate a
good connect from the perspective of the camcorder but the computer
does not recognize the camera. Have downloaded the Microsoft hotfix
associated with the S100 vs S400 speeds to no avail. Have disabled the
Windows firewall associated with the 1394 port without success. Have
also tried to disable the 1394 controller through the device manager
and re-initialize, again to no avail. Have tried this on three
computers, unfortunately, all running SP2 versions of XP. No success.
Any additional help appreciated.

DGD

You have got to test known working components. Have you a friend who has his
cam working on his pc? If so, try your cam on it, if it doesn't work then
that's a sign the cam is faulty, if it does tehn it's either your cable or
pc, and further testing with the known to work components will show up which
it is.

Graham