Just installed Service Pack 2 for XP Home edition. Ever since I have been
unable to view downloaded video files (prior to installing SP2 never had any
problems). The viewer opens up and audio works but no video - just a dark
screen. This occurs in both Real Player and Windows Media Player (latest
versions) with multiple file types. I suspect installation of SP 2 was cause
since prior to installing I never had this problem Hoping someone can help.

Thanks.

ajolder Wrote:
> Just installed Service Pack 2 for XP Home edition. Ever since I have
> been
> unable to view downloaded video files (prior to installing SP2 never
> had any
> problems). The viewer opens up and audio works but no video - just a
> dark
> screen. This occurs in both Real Player and Windows Media Player
> (latest
> versions) with multiple file types. I suspect installation of SP 2 was
> cause
> since prior to installing I never had this problem Hoping someone can
> help.
>
> Thanks.

Sounds like the video codecs are missing...not sure why though.
Anyways, try uninstall them and install the lastest version again.

--
Evolution54

TRENDING THREADS