Video for mp2 file is does not move when using the scroll ..

I am importing mp2 files into Movie Maker. They run well by themselves, but
when I try to use the provided horizontal scroll bar, the picture freezes. I
then stop and have to wait for the pc to display the current position of the
scroll bar. Sometimes it takes a long time to get there and sometimes it
crashes. I use other file types on other computers and they work just fine.
Also this is occuring on two dell latitude d810s that are fully loaded, so
there should be no problem. Any suggestions?
1 answer Last reply
More about video file move scroll

    Movie maker does not work well with mpeg files. For easier editing convert
    them to dv-avi or wmv files.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "heinerAJ" <heinerAJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am importing mp2 files into Movie Maker. They run well by themselves,
    >but
    > when I try to use the provided horizontal scroll bar, the picture freezes.
    > then stop and have to wait for the pc to display the current position of
    > the
    > scroll bar. Sometimes it takes a long time to get there and sometimes it
    > crashes. I use other file types on other computers and they work just
    > fine.
    > Also this is occuring on two dell latitude d810s that are fully loaded, so
    > there should be no problem. Any suggestions?

Video Microsoft Windows XP