Format problem with editing...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 24, 2004 10:13:06 AM

I have pinnacle studio 8 and am trying to edit with mpeg and it is not
working. I have tried converting it to various other formats and it
still wont accept it. Is there a better program you recomend that
works with mpeg, or how do I solve this problem?
thank you ,
alex

More about : format problem editing

Anonymous
July 24, 2004 7:06:56 PM

On 24 Jul 2004 06:13:06 -0700, overthrow101@hotmail.com (al) wrote:

>I have pinnacle studio 8 and am trying to edit with mpeg and it is not
>working. I have tried converting it to various other formats and it
>still wont accept it. Is there a better program you recomend that
>works with mpeg, or how do I solve this problem?
>thank you ,
>alex

From the Studio 8 knowledge base:-

Studio can open an MPEG-1 system stream files and MPEG-2 program
streams. MPEG-1 system stream files have an .MPG or MPE extension.
MPEG-2 which will have the .MPG file extension.

Studio will not support MPEG elementary stream files. These files have
a separate audio and video stream. These files can have the file
extension .MP2, .M2V, .M1V.

Which flavour of MPEG are your files in? Perhaps MPEG-4?

Barry
Anonymous
July 25, 2004 12:49:29 AM

"al" <overthrow101@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I have pinnacle studio 8 and am trying to edit with mpeg and it is not
> working. I have tried converting it to various other formats and it
> still wont accept it. Is there a better program you recomend that
> works with mpeg...

http://virtualdubmod.sourceforge.net

I have recently started using this programme to edit vobs which are actually
mpg2 files so you might want to give it a try as it's free of charge.
July 28, 2004 9:38:00 AM

Barry Guyer <guess_who@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:<v3r4g0lv7ht67i9v1s0artge50dr42nj0n@4ax.com>...
> On 24 Jul 2004 06:13:06 -0700, overthrow101@hotmail.com (al) wrote:
>
> >I have pinnacle studio 8 and am trying to edit with mpeg and it is not
> >working. I have tried converting it to various other formats and it
> >still wont accept it. Is there a better program you recomend that
> >works with mpeg, or how do I solve this problem?
> >thank you ,
> >alex
>
> From the Studio 8 knowledge base:-
>
> Studio can open an MPEG-1 system stream files and MPEG-2 program
> streams. MPEG-1 system stream files have an .MPG or MPE extension.
> MPEG-2 which will have the .MPG file extension.
>
> Studio will not support MPEG elementary stream files. These files have
> a separate audio and video stream. These files can have the file
> extension .MP2, .M2V, .M1V.
>
> Which flavour of MPEG are your files in? Perhaps MPEG-4?
>
> Barry

Barry,
It uses mpeg-2 but it doesnt work. WHat could be the problem?
ALex
!