Fuji 2400z won't start reliably???

Mike

Splendid

I bought a used Fuji 2400z camera.
The thing works great once you get it going, but it won't
start up reliably. Sometimes it shuts down when you enable
the display. Other times it shuts down when the zoom first operates.
Once you get it going, the zoom and display functions work fine.
But it often takes cycling power half a dozen times to get it going.
I've tried alkaline, NiMH, NiCd batteries. I've cleaned the battery
contacts.

Any other ideas on how to fix this? I'm an EE. I don't have any problem
with the idea of disassembly, If I knew what to fix. Like maybe there's
an electrolytic that typically fails.
Thanks, mike
--
Return address is VALID.
Wanted, Slot 1 Motherboard

That is definitely a low voltage problem. Have you tried measuring the
battery voltage as it operates?

Possibly a loose spring/batt contact somewhere in the battery supply
circuit.

hmmmmm.. possbly the power gate that holds the power on once activated? My
two fujis do the same with weak batteries.