Sony Screenblast - can't trransfer DV to hard drive

Sony Screenblast 3.0b fails to see my JVC DV Camera. This happened
just after I downloaded windows service pack. I removed then reloaded
screenblast...no change.

"New user" <mnov96@aol.com> wrote in message

> Sony Screenblast 3.0b fails to see my JVC DV Camera. This happened
> just after I downloaded windows service pack. I removed then reloaded
> screenblast...no change.

Transferring DV should be a very simple task. I use a very simple free
ultility called Dvio
http://www.carr-engineering.com/dvio.htm

It does not even require installation, just run the exe.

Read what people have to say about it on videohelp.com
http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=45

"Adrian Boliston" <adrian@boliston.co.uk> wrote in message news:<2mifnpFnbudsU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> "New user" <mnov96@aol.com> wrote in message
>
> > Sony Screenblast 3.0b fails to see my JVC DV Camera. This happened
> > just after I downloaded windows service pack. I removed then reloaded
> > screenblast...no change.
>
> Transferring DV should be a very simple task. I use a very simple free
> ultility called Dvio
> http://www.carr-engineering.com/dvio.htm
>
> It does not even require installation, just run the exe.
>
> Read what people have to say about it on videohelp.com
> http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=45

Thanks for the help but this made no difference. I am now thinking my
Firewire card has been turned off in the bios. It had to be the
service pack I downloaded. I need to figure out how to work with the
bios.

mnov96@aol.com wrote

>I am now thinking my
>Firewire card has been turned off in the bios. It had to be the
>service pack I downloaded. I need to figure out how to work with the
>bios.

Check it in the Windows Device Manager first. One trick you might try is to
remove the card, turn system on then off, put card back in and let windows do
an auto dectect.

Craig H.

highpeaksvideo@aol.com (HighPeaksVideo) wrote in message news:<20040729013246.24956.00000431@mb-m20.aol.com>...
> mnov96@aol.com wrote
>
> >I am now thinking my
> >Firewire card has been turned off in the bios. It had to be the
> >service pack I downloaded. I need to figure out how to work with the
> >bios.
>
> Check it in the Windows Device Manager first. One trick you might try is to
> remove the card, turn system on then off, put card back in and let windows do
> an auto dectect.
>
> Craig H.

I checked the Firewire card and it seems to be working...at least the
computer says it is. I can only guess now that there is a driver for
the Sony Screenblast that makes the firewire, the DV Camcorder, and
the Sony software all connect to each other. I have one remaining
"yellow" question mark in the Device Manager. I don't know what it is
and can't find an update for it. Any ideas?

Have you contacted-

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/Forums/ShowTopics.asp?ForumID=12

They're great at figuring out screenblast probs. I LOVE this program
and wish you good luck!