Simple Video Problem....... Please Help!

I know you've probably heard it all before, and so have I, but still haven't
found a solution. Videos appear to play, and it seems like the system thinks
they are as audio works, but all i get is a black screen for all my videos. I
tried downloading Divx and it made no difference. I am only using one monitor
but the thing is, they just stopped working one day, when the PC froze and i
reset it while playing a video..... Can anyone help?

Well we've found out from this that these AVIs are not encoded in Divx. But
we haven't found out what they are encoded with.

So download and install G-Spot codec identifier and ask it.
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

It's probably Xvid, but let G-Spot give you the definitive answer.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

~SMVP~ Wrote:
> I know you've probably heard it all before, and so have I, but still
> haven't
> found a solution. Videos appear to play, and it seems like the system
> thinks
> they are as audio works, but all i get is a black screen for all my
> videos. I
> tried downloading Divx and it made no difference. I am only using one
> monitor
> but the thing is, they just stopped working one day, when the PC froze
> and i
> reset it while playing a video..... Can anyone help?

Try these players:

http://www.videolan.org/

http://www.bsplayer.org/

Good luck