user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Hello, All!

Could you advise me small, simple and reliable WMV to AVI video files
converter.
I've found several trial programs, but all of them was either full of bugs
or have a very uncomfortable interface.

May be any of you have already found something?

With best regards, Eugene Firsov.

What sort of AVI files do you want to make..... DV-AVI, Divx, Xvid?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

å×ÇÅÎÉÊ æÉÒÓÏ× Wrote:
> Hello, All!
>
> Could you advise me small, simple and reliable WMV to AVI video files
> converter.
> I've found several trial programs, but all of them was either full of
> bugs
> or have a very uncomfortable interface.
>
> May be any of you have already found something?
>
> With best regards, Eugene Firsov.

Hello

http://www.geocities.com/myasftools/?20051

http://www.stoik.com/products/svc/index.html

For more help, visit videohelp.com

--
Evolution54

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Hello, Cari!
You wrote on Thu, 1 Sep 2005 20:01:33 -0700:

CMM> What sort of AVI files do you want to make..... DV-AVI, Divx, Xvid?

Mainly DivX

With best regards, å×ÇÅÎÉÊ æÉÒÓÏ×.

Hi, I use ConvertMovie to transfer my video files to .avi format. It works
fine for me in placing my videos on my website. If you are interested, I
suggest you "google" ConvertMovie and you will probably come up with the
source site. There is a small charge, however, for the application. Hope
this helps
--
Ellis

"Евгений Фирсов" wrote:

> Hello, All!
>
> Could you advise me small, simple and reliable WMV to AVI video files
> converter.
> I've found several trial programs, but all of them was either full of bugs
> or have a very uncomfortable interface.
>
> May be any of you have already found something?
>
> With best regards, Eugene Firsov.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Hello, Evolution54!
You wrote on Fri, 2 Sep 2005 04:18:12 +0000:

Thanks, but

E> http://www.geocities.com/myasftools/?20051

It can't change AVI compression format, and produce files which are
unreadable even for Windows Media Player.

E> http://www.stoik.com/products/svc/index.html

I've already tried it - it have some very unpleasant bugs.

I've also tried VirtualDub 1.3 - it doesn't support new WMV formatts, and a
shareware programs from the series "* video converter" (where * = #1, power,
X, ets) - It's just a collection of strange bugs.

Is there really no normal, working converter (like VirtualDub, but with WMV
support)?

With best regards, Eugene Firsov.

I personally have never got on with divx, so can't say about changing to
that format. How about using windows movie maker to change the wmv to
dv-avi, then you may find a dv-avi to divx convertor easier to find?

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

> Hello, Evolution54!
> You wrote on Fri, 2 Sep 2005 04:18:12 +0000:
>
> Thanks, but
>
> E> http://www.geocities.com/myasftools/?20051
>
> It can't change AVI compression format, and produce files which are
> unreadable even for Windows Media Player.
>
> E> http://www.stoik.com/products/svc/index.html
>
> I've already tried it - it have some very unpleasant bugs.
>
> I've also tried VirtualDub 1.3 - it doesn't support new WMV formatts, and
> a shareware programs from the series "* video converter" (where * = #1,
> power, X, ets) - It's just a collection of strange bugs.
>
> Is there really no normal, working converter (like VirtualDub, but with
> WMV support)?
>

> With best regards, Eugene Firsov.

I'd probably use Cyberlink's PowerDirector to do that, on the grounds it's
really easy to use and works well... most of the time! See if you like it
before you buy it.... www.gocyberlink.com
--

> Hello, Cari!
> You wrote on Thu, 1 Sep 2005 20:01:33 -0700:
>
> CMM> What sort of AVI files do you want to make..... DV-AVI, Divx, Xvid?
>
> Mainly DivX
>
> With best regards, å×ÇÅÎÉÊ æÉÒÓÏ×.

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

VirtualDub supports WMV and all other DirectShow media formats via AviSynth.
This can be achieved by one of the following two options:

1. Use VirtualDubMod and in the File Open dialog select the DirectShowSource
template from the option near the bottom edge of the dialog

2. or create a text file containing a sngle line such as:

DirectShowSource("c:\path\file.wmv")

and save it as file.avs. Then open this avs file in VirtualDub.

--
Rehan
MS MVP -- Digital Media

å×ÇÅÎÉÊ æÉÒÓÏ× Wrote:
> Hello, Evolution54!
> You wrote on Fri, 2 Sep 2005 04:18:12 +0000:
>
> Thanks, but
>
> E http://www.geocities.com/myasftools/?20051
>
> It can't change AVI compression format, and produce files which are
> unreadable even for Windows Media Player.
>
> E http://www.stoik.com/products/svc/index.html
>
> I've already tried it - it have some very unpleasant bugs.
>
> I've also tried VirtualDub 1.3 - it doesn't support new WMV formatts,
> and a
> shareware programs from the series "* video converter" (where * = #1,
> power,
> X, ets) - It's just a collection of strange bugs.
>
> Is there really no normal, working converter (like VirtualDub, but with
> WMV
> support)?
>

> With best regards, Eugene Firsov.

Shucks, I doubt I can help you further as I am not familiar with video
conversion. I just thought I would help you find a tool and hope that
will do the trick lol...Anyways, like what some posters say, can you
try and convert it to one format, and then turning that into another?
Maybe that would involve more steps but at least you will get the end
result you want. Anyways, I will try again to look up some more tools
and hopefully post them back here. Also, try the other link I posted as
it provides all sorts of information about video editing and the likes.
Good luck!

videohelp.com

--
Evolution54

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Hello, Rehan!
You wrote on Fri, 2 Sep 2005 22:15:44 +0100:

R> VirtualDub supports WMV and all other DirectShow media formats via
R> AviSynth. This can be achieved by one of the following two options:

.... [Sorry, skipped] ...

Wow, it's working! I didn't know that. Very useful thing. Thanks.

With best regards, Eugene Firsov.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Hello, å×ÇÅÎÉÊ!
You wrote to All on Fri, 2 Sep 2005 00:11:25 +0400:

Thanks everyone for the help!

I've already found what I need. It name's "EO Video" www.eo-video.com . It
supports almost every input video formates and produce output AVI files
(with any avalible audio/video codec) and MPEG1 files. The main thing is - I
haven't found any bugs in it so far.

åæ> Hello, All!

åæ> Could you advise me small, simple and reliable WMV to AVI video files
åæ> converter.
åæ> I've found several trial programs, but all of them was either full of
åæ> bugs or have a very uncomfortable interface.

åæ> May be any of you have already found something?

åæ> With best regards, Eugene Firsov.

With best regards, Eugene Firsov.