Digital Video Camera without Still Shot Mode

I would like to buy a new video camera, but I am not at all interested
in the Still Shot Mode that seems to be the reason some cameras cost
so much. Is there a good camera, that takes great videos, that will
connect to my computer, and will not make me pay for Still Shot Mode
that I would never want to use? I have a new Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom
for my still shots. Thanks!!
4 answers Last reply
More about digital video camera shot mode

    "Georgeanne" <georgeanne@cablelynx.com> wrote in message
    > I would like to buy a new video camera, but I am not at all interested
    > in the Still Shot Mode that seems to be the reason some cameras cost
    > so much. Is there a good camera, that takes great videos, that will
    > connect to my computer, and will not make me pay for Still Shot Mode
    > that I would never want to use? I have a new Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom
    > for my still shots. Thanks!!

    How do you like the Oly C-8080?

    Tim

    "Tim S." <hjk@cox.com> wrote in message news:<cMWMc.32878$SD3.17247@okepread06>...
    > "Georgeanne" <georgeanne@cablelynx.com> wrote in message
    > > I would like to buy a new video camera, but I am not at all interested
    > > in the Still Shot Mode that seems to be the reason some cameras cost
    > > so much. Is there a good camera, that takes great videos, that will
    > > connect to my computer, and will not make me pay for Still Shot Mode
    > > that I would never want to use? I have a new Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom
    > > for my still shots. Thanks!!
    >
    > How do you like the Oly C-8080?
    >
    > Tim

    I like it, but will probably never know how to really get the most out
    of it. It is fairly complicated. The pictures really show greater
    detail than I had with my Olympus C-3000.

    On 25 Jul 2004 13:53:02 -0700, georgeanne@cablelynx.com (Georgeanne)
    wrote:

    >I would like to buy a new video camera, but I am not at all interested
    >in the Still Shot Mode that seems to be the reason some cameras cost
    >so much. Is there a good camera, that takes great videos, that will
    >connect to my computer, and will not make me pay for Still Shot Mode
    >that I would never want to use? I have a new Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom
    >for my still shots. Thanks!!

    Still shot mode doesn't cost very much, so the only way you're
    likely to get it is by buying the very cheapest (and lowest
    feature/quality) models. Alternatively, go for very high end models,
    which may omit the feature due to its near uselessness for pro use.

    Otherwise, just consider it a small feature which you'll never use
    -- most camcorders have some options on which you're not likely to
    use. Still shot is almost unavoidable on a camcorder with enough
    extra pixels for digital stablilization, because *some* people do use
    it and it provides a good use for the extra pixels in still mode.

    I have noticed that some new camcorders omit the memory card for the
    still mode, which probably does save a little bit of money for that.
    Or else, maybe they just ran out of the 4meg/8meg cards ;-) which were
    given away free with the things.

    Jeffery S. Jones said:

    << some new camcorders omit the memory card for the
    still mode, which probably does save a little bit of money for that.
    Or else, maybe they just ran out of the 4meg/8meg cards ;-) >>

    My TRV350 came without a card. I doubt that I will ever buy one.

    Dave
    http://members.tripod.com/~VideoDave

Tuner Cards Video Cameras Digital Video Graphics