How do I convert SVCD to DVD?

I tried burning a DVD-R data disc using *.mpg
SVCD files, but my DVD player won't recognize
the disc. I don't want to re-encode the files
because that would result in lost of picture
quality. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Big Fred
3 answers Last reply
More about convert svcd

    Just Me wrote:
    > I tried burning a DVD-R data disc using *.mpg
    > SVCD files, but my DVD player won't recognize
    > the disc. I don't want to re-encode the files
    > because that would result in lost of picture
    > quality. Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Big Fred

    Sorry but you'll have to re-encode.
    The SVCD image format is 480 x 480 which is not a valid DVD size.

    Mike

    On 7/25/2004 5:28:50 PM, Mike Kujbida wrote:

    > Sorry but you'll have to re-encode.
    > The SVCD image format is 480 x 480 which is not a valid DVD size.

    Or put it on a CD-R (assuming his DVD player can play SVCD discs).
    --
    "Satan, your ass is gigantic and red. Who am I going to pretend you
    are, Liza Minelli?"

    Now playing: the radio

    > I tried burning a DVD-R data disc using *.mpg
    > SVCD files, but my DVD player won't recognize
    > the disc. I don't want to re-encode the files
    > because that would result in lost of picture
    > quality. Any suggestions?

    You can kind of cheat using TMPGenc DVDauthor and patching. Some (relatively
    few) DVD player can play 480x480 if patched to look like 720x480. You will
    still need to re-encode the audio to 48khz, though. Check out the guides on
    www.videohelp.com for SVCD on DVD.

    If your player doesn't like it, you will have to re-encode. Either that, or
    go pick up a cheap sub-$50 DVD player that will play them straight off a
    DVD-R data disk without any re-encoding.

Tuner Cards Svcd Graphics