  • Svcd
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 25, 2004 10:54:28 PM

I tried burning a DVD-R data disc using *.mpg
SVCD files, but my DVD player won't recognize
the disc. I don't want to re-encode the files
because that would result in lost of picture
quality. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Big Fred

More about : convert svcd dvd

Anonymous
July 26, 2004 12:28:50 AM

Just Me wrote:
> I tried burning a DVD-R data disc using *.mpg
> SVCD files, but my DVD player won't recognize
> the disc. I don't want to re-encode the files
> because that would result in lost of picture
> quality. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
>
> Big Fred

Sorry but you'll have to re-encode.
The SVCD image format is 480 x 480 which is not a valid DVD size.

Mike
Anonymous
July 26, 2004 12:28:51 AM

On 7/25/2004 5:28:50 PM, Mike Kujbida wrote:

> Sorry but you'll have to re-encode.
> The SVCD image format is 480 x 480 which is not a valid DVD size.

Or put it on a CD-R (assuming his DVD player can play SVCD discs).
--
"Satan, your ass is gigantic and red. Who am I going to pretend you
are, Liza Minelli?"

Now playing: the radio
Anonymous
July 26, 2004 6:42:59 AM

> I tried burning a DVD-R data disc using *.mpg
> SVCD files, but my DVD player won't recognize
> the disc. I don't want to re-encode the files
> because that would result in lost of picture
> quality. Any suggestions?

You can kind of cheat using TMPGenc DVDauthor and patching. Some (relatively
few) DVD player can play 480x480 if patched to look like 720x480. You will
still need to re-encode the audio to 48khz, though. Check out the guides on
www.videohelp.com for SVCD on DVD.

If your player doesn't like it, you will have to re-encode. Either that, or
go pick up a cheap sub-$50 DVD player that will play them straight off a
DVD-R data disk without any re-encoding.
!