Capturing DV video from Video Camera in DVD format results..

Capturing DV video from video camera in DVD (MPEG) format results in
frames lost and pixilated video. Out of 25000 frames I dropped about
2000. Any thoughts or best practices to avoid dropped frames?

Thanks for your feedback,
Ken
3 answers Last reply
More about capturing video video camera format results

    > Capturing DV video from video camera in DVD (MPEG) format results in
    > frames lost and pixilated video. Out of 25000 frames I dropped about
    > 2000. Any thoughts or best practices to avoid dropped frames?

    My dropped frames stopped when I turned off all USB devices including the
    cable modem.

    Jeanne

    Use a program such as Enditall to stop as many processes as possible before
    you start capturing - I have a network card that interferes with firewire
    captures for some strange reason.

    --
    Peace !

    Steve Wilcox

    "If Whisky Don't Kill Me I'll Live 'Til I Die"

    stevegwilcox@NOSPAMblueyonder.co.uk

    "Ken Buska" <kbuska@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Capturing DV video from video camera in DVD (MPEG) format results in
    > frames lost and pixilated video. Out of 25000 frames I dropped about
    > 2000. Any thoughts or best practices to avoid dropped frames?

    1) Faster computer
    2) More efficient encoder.

Tuner Cards DVD Cameras Video Format Graphics