Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Capturing DV video from Video Camera in DVD format results..

Tags:
  • Tuner Cards
  • DVD
  • Cameras
  • Video
  • Format
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
Anonymous
July 25, 2004 10:20:06 PM

Capturing DV video from video camera in DVD (MPEG) format results in
frames lost and pixilated video. Out of 25000 frames I dropped about
2000. Any thoughts or best practices to avoid dropped frames?

Thanks for your feedback,
Ken

More about : capturing video video camera dvd format results

Anonymous
July 26, 2004 6:23:33 AM

> Capturing DV video from video camera in DVD (MPEG) format results in
> frames lost and pixilated video. Out of 25000 frames I dropped about
> 2000. Any thoughts or best practices to avoid dropped frames?

My dropped frames stopped when I turned off all USB devices including the
cable modem.

Jeanne
Anonymous
July 27, 2004 2:27:42 PM

Use a program such as Enditall to stop as many processes as possible before
you start capturing - I have a network card that interferes with firewire
captures for some strange reason.

--
Peace !

Steve Wilcox

"If Whisky Don't Kill Me I'll Live 'Til I Die"

stevegwilcox@NOSPAMblueyonder.co.uk
Anonymous
July 27, 2004 7:04:48 PM

"Ken Buska" <kbuska@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Capturing DV video from video camera in DVD (MPEG) format results in
> frames lost and pixilated video. Out of 25000 frames I dropped about
> 2000. Any thoughts or best practices to avoid dropped frames?

1) Faster computer
2) More efficient encoder.