Video Output Card

Does anyone know of a dual head video card or a separate PCI card that
outputs video from the computer. What I would like to do is play a video say
in Windows Media Player and have it go out to my DVD Video Recorder.

Why? Because I am sick and tired of burning DVD video coasters. No matter
what I do my DVD player doesn't like anything I have burned on my computer,
but it does like DVD's burned on the DVD Video Recorder. Maybe this is a
Panasonic to Panasonic thing. So, this is why I am looking for a good output
card.

John

--
Grow Some Dope...Plant a Politician.

In news:John Doe <john_doe@nospam.com> typed:
> Does anyone know of a dual head video card or a separate PCI card that
> outputs video from the computer. What I would like to do is play a
> video say in Windows Media Player and have it go out to my DVD Video
> Recorder.

Today, you would have a hard time finding a graphic accelerator without
TV out function. If I was to buy today, I would get an ATI 9600XT if 3D
was needed, if no 3D was required, I would look at Matrox offering.

> Why? Because I am sick and tired of burning DVD video coasters. No
> matter what I do my DVD player doesn't like anything I have burned on
> my computer, but it does like DVD's burned on the DVD Video Recorder.
> Maybe this is a Panasonic to Panasonic thing. So, this is why I am
> looking for a good output card.

If I understand correctly, you want to output the video from the TV
output of the graphic card to the video in of a set top DVD recorder to
record DVD's? You will lose a lot in quality that way, I think you would
be better off troobleshooting the DVD making chain, starting with the
blank media. Millions of peoples burn DVD's everyday without problems.

--
www.odysea.ca

Oh, I can burn DVD's with no trouble. But, they will not play right or
reliably on my Panasonic DVD player. They play fine on the computer.

John

"deco_time" <coral_city2000@NOSPAMyahoo.ca> wrote in message
> In news:John Doe <john_doe@nospam.com> typed:
> > Does anyone know of a dual head video card or a separate PCI card that
> > outputs video from the computer. What I would like to do is play a
> > video say in Windows Media Player and have it go out to my DVD Video
> > Recorder.
>
> Today, you would have a hard time finding a graphic accelerator without
> TV out function. If I was to buy today, I would get an ATI 9600XT if 3D
> was needed, if no 3D was required, I would look at Matrox offering.
>

> > Why? Because I am sick and tired of burning DVD video coasters. No
> > matter what I do my DVD player doesn't like anything I have burned on
> > my computer, but it does like DVD's burned on the DVD Video Recorder.
> > Maybe this is a Panasonic to Panasonic thing. So, this is why I am
> > looking for a good output card.
>
> If I understand correctly, you want to output the video from the TV
> output of the graphic card to the video in of a set top DVD recorder to
> record DVD's? You will lose a lot in quality that way, I think you would
> be better off troobleshooting the DVD making chain, starting with the
> blank media. Millions of peoples burn DVD's everyday without problems.
>
> --
> www.odysea.ca

I had similar problems with a Panasonic player so I burnt a DVD, took it
to a department store and had my DVD played on a range of their DVD players.

Ended up buying a Sony NS 530 and haven't looked back since!

Jackie