Everytime I try to view a video on cnn.com, Foxnews.com, MSNBC.com,
wwltv.com, etc, the internet player opens up, but I can't get any video. I
can watch the live streaming broadcast of WWL news, but I can't watch any
other videos. I use Mozilla Firefox and I have Windows Media Player 10 (which
I've tried uninstalling and installing several times).

Can anyone help me???

Does it work if you use Internet Explorer?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Lost in the sauce" <Lost in the sauce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:076B5038-E7D6-4D41-95CB-5E7E56A3F514@microsoft.com...
> Everytime I try to view a video on cnn.com, Foxnews.com, MSNBC.com,
> wwltv.com, etc, the internet player opens up, but I can't get any video. I
> can watch the live streaming broadcast of WWL news, but I can't watch any
> other videos. I use Mozilla Firefox and I have Windows Media Player 10
> (which
> I've tried uninstalling and installing several times).
>
> Can anyone help me???

No it doesn't, I was having the same problems. I used to be able to get
video, but not anymore. Not sure what could've changed that.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Does it work if you use Internet Explorer?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "Lost in the sauce" <Lost in the sauce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:076B5038-E7D6-4D41-95CB-5E7E56A3F514@microsoft.com...
> > Everytime I try to view a video on cnn.com, Foxnews.com, MSNBC.com,
> > wwltv.com, etc, the internet player opens up, but I can't get any video. I
> > can watch the live streaming broadcast of WWL news, but I can't watch any
> > other videos. I use Mozilla Firefox and I have Windows Media Player 10
> > (which
> > I've tried uninstalling and installing several times).
> >
> > Can anyone help me???

I have the same problem with IE6. I can play video using RealPlayer but not
WMP10 (e.g., www.cbsnews.com; www.ifilm.com, etc.)

I also reinstalled WinXP SP2 a couple of times but to no avail. I suspect
there's some registry value within IE that's prohibiting WMP from playing
streaming videos within a browser.

Any ideas as how to fix this problem?